This is a new role and represents a unique opportunity for an experienced Financial professional to work for one of the fastest growing brands in the sector.
1. Ensure the company has all appropriate financial controls in place and give the board confidence that our accounting policies and practices are robust, fit for purpose and stand up to outside scrutiny.
2. Preparing and reviewing month end balance sheet reconciliations (Including Stock, Fixed Assets, Prepayments, Taxes and Cash in Transit)
3. Preparing and reviewing month end analysis of expense accounts (including Variable and Fixed Costs)
4. Effectively Manage 3rd party audit of accounts ensuring all reporting, ledgers and entries are robust for audit across all balance sheet and P&L items
5. Short and long term financial planning and analysis. Working with the commercial director, create budgets and forecasts with a constantly evolving 18 month plan produced quarterly to facilitate inventory, cash and resource planning across the business.
6. Work with our third party accountants to produce monthly management accounts.
7. Working with our accountant's perform first phase review of management accounts prior to review with commercial director
8. Monitor all costs lines in the P&L giving managers (and reviewing with them) the tools to benchmark and regular get quotes across key costs lines.
9. Produce monthly KPI packs and review with departments heads prior to release
10. Work with marketing and merchandising to ensure the business has a single version of the truth about what generates and influences orders and ensure data is in line with other legacy systems
11. Support B&M with appropriate management information
12. Manage relationships with card acquirers seeking opportunities for cost reduction and improved service.
13. Payroll management
14. VAT and sales tax returns filing and management.
* Qualified ACA Accountant (or equivalent)
* Technically skilled - accounting and tax requirements
* Knowledge of UK VAT essential
* Very strong analytical skills
* Ideally experience in consumer business
* Good communication skills.
* Strong leadership qualities.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
* Auditing experience.
* Proficiency in accounting software (Sage a bonus)