Process Safety Manager
Highly Competitive Salary (Negotiable further down recruitment process)
Working within the HSE Department and reporting to the HSE Director, the Process Safety Manager is responsible for the successful implementation and maintenance of the process safety (major hazards) management system, and to provide technical input and leadership in all aspects of plant and process and operational health, safety and environmental management.
Ideal applicants will have the following skills and experience:
* Degree or MCs (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline eg chemical/process engineering/chemistry (chartered membership of a relevant institution desirable).
* Health & Safety qualification desirable, eg NEBOSH Certificate/Diploma.
* Demonstratable experience in a manufacturing/production environment within an upper tier CoMAH establishment.
* Understanding and appreciation of major accident legislation such as COMAH
* Knowledge and experience of major accident hazard identification and risk assessment processes.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team and influence at all levels, and to identify practical and proportionate solutions to challenging or complex issues.
* Keen prioritisation and time-management skills.
* A thorough knowledge of batch chemical manufacturing techniques and experience with the industry.
* Knowledge of formal hazard assessment techniques such as Hazop and Hazan and corporate methodologies.
* Possesses proven broad-based management skills and the ability to operate with minimum supervision
This role will involve:
* Ensuring compliance with CoMAH, DSEAR and ATEX, EPR as well as the successful implementation of the MAPP and process safety management system.
* Managing the major accident hazard identification and risk assessment processes, including the Haz 0-7 study process and others where appropriate, eg QRA, SIL assessment, occupied buildings risk assessment etc.
* Ensuring major accident hazard (MAH) risks are controlled to ALARP and involvement in decisions over the selection of the basis of safety for MAH control. This may involve input into the selection, installation and operation of equipment and inspection/maintenance considerations. It may also involve contributing to design of basic process control systems (BPCS) and alarm management.
* Ownership and authorising of process safety relevant procedures and contribution to the creation/revision of other procedures as required.
* Contributing to the development and delivery of training on process safety issues
* Liaise with process/project engineering department.
* Review and sign off process and engineering modifications.
* Review reports and interpret results.
* Represent HSE at engineering handovers.
* Represent HSE at process reviews and project meetings.
* Write technical safety briefs and SOPs
If you're interested and would like more info, please apply with your CV to Lisa Ray at Pin Point's Head Office in Gateshead