Embedded Systems Engineer
Location: Kimbolton, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Excellent remuneration package, DOE + Excellent Benefits
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Saving Lives Globally!
BioGene is dedicated to the development and implementation of pioneering technologies to improve access to diagnostic testing and benefit global health outcomes - but most importantly save lives!
BioGene Limited is an ISO9001 registered manufacturer of leading-edge molecular diagnostics systems, based in Cambridgeshire whose stated mission is 'innovative excellence'. With over twenty-five years' experience in the field of rapid molecular based technologies for the detection of genetic material and a growing pipeline of IP protected instruments and processes, the Company is ideally situated for rapid growth on a global scale.
A market-unique 'Point-of-Care' device is soon to be launched which will be used for in-field and rapid diagnostics of diseases like Ebola, Lassa, Dengue, Foot and Mouth Disease, see link below:
We are now looking to recruit an experienced 'Embedded Systems Engineer' to join our multi-disciplinary team as we bring to market and seek to manufacture, distribute, and support a novel family of products.
If you are a highly motivated and ambitious professional seeking a challenging new role, this is the opportunity to self-develop and succeed on a personal and professional level within a rapidly growing company.
Offering progression commensurate to contribution and development prospects, we offer a fast-paced environment, ideal for enhancing your technical and management skills. Ability to work in R&D, production and service roles: coordinating and working with the internal engineering team to sync with the external resources is a key requirement.
Embedded Systems Engineer - The Role:
You will be responsible for helping to create a new generation of innovative products as well as help improve the current range of products as both customers and changes in technologies demand. You will help specify and design, prototype and help deploy leading edge electronics hardware in tandem with the requisite software/firmware and working closely with our mechanical design engineers electronic engineer, software development engineer and external contractors. This from inception, in the R&D role through to manufacture for production and service. As the team expands, good inter-personal and management skills (both people and parallel Projects) will be required. You will be required to produce and follow project and product documentation and be able to adopt a hands-on approach as and when the project requires. The engineering facility is ISO13485 registered.
Strong leadership skills together with an enquiring mind that is constantly looking at new technical options as Projects develop are key personal assets....a 'can do' attitude is vital as is the desire to complete Projects on time and on budget-reflecting the importance of the commercial role that the function also entails.
The technologies involved are also varied and include system design, digital design and microprocessors, analogue design.
This role would suit an experienced Electronics Engineer looking for a varied role.
You will take responsibility for the full product lifecycle: from early concepts and prototypes, to full production and upgrades. To this end, you will work closely with colleagues from sales and manufacturing as well as with suppliers to ensure technical and commercial success.
• Liaising with line manager and helping to devise technical direction to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that projects are completed on schedule, to specification and within agreed budgets. Instigating, developing and managing the agreed Project Plan both internally and externally.
• Providing technical support in hardware, software/firmware and electronics from idea stage through to pre-production, testing and 'productionisation'
• Routine customer service support as and when required. To include office and field-based activities. Aim is to provide direct and link engineering (to third party engineering support) for Company products.
• Assembly/Production implementation and Technical Management of the growing range of products, this will include production and inventory planning and scheduling to demand.
Interested? To be considered for the role, you ideally would have:
• Analogue or digital electronics systems design, build and troubleshooting experience essential
• Use and good experience of Altium 20 highly desirable
• Programming and Software Engineering: C#, C, C +, Embedded C, C++, or similar scripting language would be highly desirable
• A working knowledge of comm's protocols is desirable
• Knowledge of Microprocessor Applications and DSP: microprocessor system application, single chip embedded solutions with product-oriented focus would be desirable
• Working knowledge of the CE validation process for instruments would be a distinct advantage.
• Interest in hardware/electronics interface with good trouble solving skills within a multi-disciplinary environment (mechanical engineers, scientists and external optical /electronics contractors an advantage).
• Good interpersonal skills; a manager who can organise and lead the team members and work with external contractors and suppliers.
• Business Environment Appreciation: in particular, active project management and an awareness of the commercial environment and the need for profit.
• You must be an enthusiastic and committed self-starter who can set goals and achieve them within the remit of the Business Plan. Working within an SME environment is important.
If you have the required skills and experience, click on APPLY and forward your current CV and covering letter, with salary details, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
No Agencies please.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90671608