TeacherActive are working in partnership with an excellent school in the Nottingham area which caters for young people who moderate and severe learning disabilities. Many of the students have autism and some have speech, languange and communication difficulties.
The post will involve teaching a KS3 class of students using the EQUALS curriculum.
You must be an excellent and reflective classroom practitioner with high expectations of all children and young people. You must also be able to motivate, engage and inspire children and young people to acheive their utmost potential.
This is a full time long term position starting ASAP.
What you will need:
• Experience working as a qualified teacher or tutor in any subject (QTS)
• Ideally you will have worked with learners with a range of needs
• Be able to re-engage a young person in learning through a range of methods
• These young people need consistency and so you need to be able to commit to working at the school for long period of time
Benefits of working with TeacherActive:
We can provide you with:
• Competitive pay rates
• Free CPD opportunities
• Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches
To apply please call Katie on (phone number removed) or email an updated CV to
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services