Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Oxfordshire County Council to provide them a with an Assistant Finance Business Partner to join their team on a Contract Basis!
Rate - (negotiable dependent upon experience- Please submit CV with rate Required)
This is a brief overview of the key objectives of the job including the context within the team/department.
To provide strategic financial insight, analysis and commercial thinking to the nominated Directorate including the validation of the Service & Resource Planning, Financial Monitoring and Final Accounts processes.
To support the Finance Business Partner in providing financial advice and support to Members, the Director, Deputy Directors, senior managers and partners to facilitate effective management and decision making
To provide financial advice and support for major projects and contracts
To deputise for the Finance Business Partner as appropriate
This is a list of the main duties or tasks that the post holder will be expected to undertake.
• To support the Finance Business Partner in providing financial scrutiny, support, insight, analysis and commercial thinking to Members, the Director, Deputy Directors, Partners and senior managers to facilitate effective management and decision making.
• To support the Finance Business Partner in the provision of quality assurance, through robust challenge, advice and appropriate support to the Director and Director of Finance in relation to the Service & Resource Planning process and the setting of the Business Strategy, ensuring that the budget proposals and financial management information within the Business Strategy and other formal budget reports/documents are robust, accurate, relevant and timely.
• To be pro-active in service developments and service delivery, ensuring knowledge and understanding of all financial aspects pertaining to services, challenging assumptions and providing assurance.
• To provide quality review, and assurance on the Directorate Monitoring Reports ensuring that the financial system forecasts, monitoring reports and financial management information are robust, timely and consistent with known issues within the Directorate.
• To validate and provide quality assurance on the final accounts working papers for the Directorate, ensuring that the outturn position on the council's financial system, outturn reports, external grant claims, statistical returns, working papers and other financial management information requirements are robust, timely and consistent with known issues within the Directorate.
• To be aware of new legislation and government proposals. To be able to articulate the financial implications of such changes and to be proactive in implementing and embedding them.
• To support the Finance Business Partner and actively participate in initiatives aimed at ensuring excellent financial management is in place throughout the Directorate and to provide assurance that there is an effective internal control environment within the Directorate.
• To undertake the regular review and update of service risk assessments to ensure the correct allocation of finance resources within the team.
• To provide comprehensive financial advice, support and insight for major projects and contracts across a range of services and Directorates, advising on financial strategy and the revenue and capital implications of proposals, ensuring that interdependencies are identified and understood, that financial risks are identified and providing assurance on the governance arrangements.
Requirements to be considered for the position
CCAB or CIMA Qualified with significant post qualification Finance / Accounting experience
Relevant experience in Local Government
Relevant experience of using SAP
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Matt Byrne-Fraser @ Spencer Clarke group -
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
Market leading referrals of up to £500
Free DBS checks
Post Placement Aftercare
Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers