PrestonChildren SEN Support WorkerVacancy Type:
Part Time (Ad Hoc Basis) Salary:
£8.20 - £9.80 Per HourHours:
37. 5 Per WeekMon-Fri:
7:30am-4:30pm or 4:00pm-10:00pm Weekends:
7:30am-2:30pm or 2:00pm-10:00pm
Our Client is the UK's leading independent provider of specialist adult care services. Their aim is to provide the right support in the right home for all the individuals then accommodate. When you join our client you'll be part of something special. Not only do we pride ourselves on providing the highest standards of person-centred care and comfort to our service users, but we also know that our client wouldn't exist without our valued employees' combined energy, expertise and effort.
With a community-based residential care settings, as well as a network of supported living services, they support adults to the age of 18 with autism, dementia, learning disabilities, mental health conditions, Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) and behaviours that challenge. They offer a range of residential and nursing care settings for older people with varying levels of need.
The residential home is set in a rural location just outside of Preston. Here they support 5 (6 - 17 Year old) boys and girls who have learning disabilities and predominantly an autism diagnosis. As a support worker you will propmt independance as much as possible in their home and in the community using a person centred approach.
We're looking for a Support Worker to provide care and support for adults with autism and associated learning disability. Both personal care and participation in activities are key parts of the Support Worker role, so energy, excellent communication and organisational skills are vital.
Previous experience as a Support Worker or Care Assistant would be beneficial, however it is not essential; all we ask is that you have a willingness to learn and the compassion to care for the people we support.
As such, we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.What we need from you:
- Previous experience within a healthcare setting desirable
- Minimum of a L2 in Health and Social
- Enhanced DBS (TRANSFERABLE)
- A strong sense of responsibility
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Willingness to learn
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility and strong 'can do' attitude
- Quality orientationSupport Worker benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going training
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- SMART childcare vouchers
- SMART pension optionIf you feel you have a passion for Support Working and meet the specs above, Please contact Marcus at Veritas Education on 01772 846 610.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.Disclaimer
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90662006