About The Role
Magdalene operates as a Telecommunication Infrastructure Services Company and is part of the Telecom Division of M Group Services. Covering the full network lifecycle, we deliver Managed Services and Projects for both fixed and mobile infrastructure networks across the operator and utility markets. This role will work in Magdalene's Utilities business unit.
This role will report into the Utilities Account Director and will support the company with all pre-sales activities within the utilities sector across UK and Ireland. The role will need to be flexible to support the changing, customer-driven, demands that it supports.What will you be doing?
Your role will be to act as the specialist go-to for all Radio related technical requirements and opportunities and to support the sales team with customer engagement and bid / tender response activities. In the pre-sales role you will be required to design, develop and support solutions to our UK utility customers.
These solutions will include both point-to-point and point-to-multipoint radio systems for the transport of critical communications such as SCADA and Teleprotection. Experience with cellular systems such as LTE, NB-IoT and M2M would also be of benefit.What will your key responsibilities be?
What competencies are we looking for?
- Taking the lead on customer liaison, support, design, integration and costing preparation.
- Supporting sales and marketing activities across the UK and Ireland including customer presentations
- Establishing and managing relationships within customer organisations, leading customer facing technical meetings and developing a positive relationship with these customers.
- Being innovative to find the right solution for the customer requirements
- Working with our OEM and integrator suppliers to determine best fit solutions and taking advantage of new technological developments.
- Providing SME level assistance on telemetry solutions and UHF / Microwave communications,
- High and low level design and budget report production for a variety of radio and transmission solutions
- RF design skills and the ability to drive desktop planning tools. Experience with Path Loss would be an advantage.
- Using spectrum analysers to investigate and identify RF interference issues
- Performing surveys and producing reports / proposals for various radio solutions
- Providing Project Engineering and Quality Support to Project teams during installation of solutions
- Engaging with relevant internal sales teams to complete PQQ and tender responses in a timely manner
- Being the main company interface for OFCOM for licensing requirements
- Help customers to understand and develop their strategy in identifying a fit for purpose solution
- Strong understanding and experience of Radio Frequency technologies, particularly telemetry systems employed by utilities - LTE knowledge would be an advantage.
- A strong understanding of the utilities market and their communication needs.
- Knowledge of utility specific SCADA protocols.
- Experience of IP networks and principles to enable end to end solution design and support.
- Highly competent use of IT platforms, including MS office systems.
- The confidence to deal with a range of customers in varying environments.
About The CompanyWhy choose us?
We promise development and reward opportunities for those who have the passion, enthusiasm and work ethic to harness them. Our benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave
- Access to our staff discount portal
- Enrolment into our pension plan
- Free flu jabs each October
- Group life assurance
As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme
we welcome applications from individuals who consider themselves as having a disability or long-term health condition. Please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to aid your application and recruitment process.
As a silver award holder under the Armed Forces Employer Recognition Scheme
, we are interested to hear from candidates who are currently serving in the military who may wish to transition to a civilian Job. We also welcome applications from Reservists, Cadet Forces Adult Volunteers, ex-forces personnel and military spouses / partners.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90661745