Engineering Investigations Lead
We at BSRIA offer a range of independent services to ensure that buildings operate at the optimum level of performance combining energy efficiency whilst delivering the best environment for the occupant with the results being achieved in the most cost effective and productive manner. We provide services across all stages of a Buildings life, from design through to post occupancy and for all stakeholders involved in the Built Environment.
BSRIA Sustainable Construction Group (SCG) consists of a dedicated team of consultants with an accumulated wealth of experience in the built environment. SCG provides a fully independent, concise and focused approach to meeting the specific needs of our clients. The breadth of expertise in BSRIA's Sustainable Construction Group means building owner operators, contractors, manufacturers and government organisations can commission a competent and reliable service aimed at delivering practical solutions to complex challenges. Our investigation services help building operators maintain and operate their buildings more efficiently, saving money and energy while minimising disruption to systems critical to their business. From maintenance strategy consultancy to hands-on condition monitoring and site investigations SCG provides clear, practical recommendations giving real business benefits.
The role of Engineering Investigations Lead within Sustainable Construction Group will provide a wide range of technical consultancy and support services to BSRIA members and the building services industry in general.
As an Engineering Investigations Lead your main duties will be to: (not exhaustive)
* Lead technical assessments of failure investigations, analysis and forensic engineering
* Conduct independent mechanical, electrical and corrosion related failure investigations. This can include failures in boilers, pin-holing in pipes and radiators to valves, actuators, motors and controls etc.
* Develop concise and accurately costed proposals to meet client needs or research objectives
* Deliver concise reports identifying methodology of work and factual findings
* Deliver technical presentations including training and promoting the business to individuals or groups
* Lead projects and develop new areas of work
* Potential management of staff as investigation area grows
* Answer member technical queries and support BSRIA Networks
* Undertake site visits and liaise with clients, building and maintaining client relationships
* Support the updating of BSRIA guides in subjects within own area of expertise
* Liaise and co-ordinate projects with other BSRIA staff as appropriate.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following Skills and Knowledge:
* Professional/academic Degree level qualification in engineering or science
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and orally to audiences with a range of technical understanding
* Advanced report writing skills (both technical and academic reports)
* Presentation and preferably training skills
* Project management skills, including risk management with advanced decision-making skills
* Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with a range of personalities
* Ability to use own initiative and prioritise effectively
* Analytical skills
* PC literate with a working knowledge of software packages such as Microsoft Excel and Word
* Experience of working within a quality system ensuring good record keeping to ISO 9001
* This role's working pattern is 37 hours per week, Mon - Thursday 8.30am-5pm and on Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
* This is an office-based role
* Type: Full Time. Permanent
* Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life Assurance - 4 times annual gross reference salary (after confirmation), 26 Annual Holidays (pro-rata) and additional 8 Bank Holidays etc.
* Location: Bracknell