LGPS Central Limited is a fund management company, regulated by the Financial
Conduct Authority (FCA), managing the pooled assets of eight Midlands-based
local government pension funds.
With combined assets of approximately £45bn, and representing the retirement
savings of over c.1m scheme members across over 2,000 employers, LGPS Central
Limited's Partner Funds are:
Cheshire Pension Fund, Derbyshire Pension Fund, Leicestershire Pension Fund,
Nottinghamshire Pension Fund, Shropshire Pension Fund, Staffordshire Pension
Fund, West Midlands Pension Fund, and Worcestershire Pension Fund.
LGPS Central Limited is owned equally by the eight pension funds and is dedicated
to the management of local government pension assets. The aim of the Company
is to use the combined buying power of its Partner Funds to reduce costs, improve
investment returns and widen the range of available asset classes for investment
- all for the benefit of local government pensioners, employees and employers.
We are also committed to fully integrating Responsible Investment and
Engagement into all our investment processes.
The management of Local Government Pension Scheme funds is going through
significant change, providing career-changing opportunities for those who have the
relevant investment experience and who want to work within a company which
values integrity, trust, transparency, diversity, fairness and partnership. LGPS
Central Limited aims to be a centre of excellence and we seek candidates who share
our values to help us achieve that goal.We are a diverse and inclusive employer and would welcome interest from all
sections of the community.
LGPS Central Limited is now seeking to hire an experienced Client Relationship Manager
to be based in LGPS Central Limited's Wolverhampton office.The Role
This role is critical to ensuring that LGPS Central Limited's clients receive high standards of
service delivery, requiring you to proactively engage with all of our Partner Funds and respond to client requests and queries. The role requires you to be client focused and demands that you should be well organised and able to work to strict deadlines.
You will already have experience of working in a similar role, probably as an Account Manager managing relationships at a senior level within pensions / investments / financial markets.
The role involves making client presentations, liaising with clients wherever and whenever
necessary, integrating and working closely with other teams within the Company, contributing to the delivery of Company events and seminars and responding to our clients' needs.
This is a role which offers Candidates plenty of variety, an opportunity to develop and above all play a crucial and important part in meeting our objective to deepen and broaden our
relationship with our Clients.
Previous experience of working in a Business-to-Business Client Relationship role is essential, as is prior experience of working in financial markets, investments or pensions. Previous experience of managing relationships with Local Authority Pension Funds would be a distinct advantage, as would experience of keeping CRM systems updated.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate who enjoys working in a team and would like to join a Company which values Customer Focus as a high priority.We are a diverse and inclusive employer and would welcome interest from all sections of the community.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward your CV with a covering letter
to email@example.com, quoting reference Client Relationship Manager
highlighting your key strengths and experience in relation to the job profile.RoleRole Purpose
- Based in Wolverhampton, the successful candidate will work within the Client Services & Stakeholder Relations Team and report to the Head of Client Services & Stakeholder Relations.
- The Client Relationship Manager is expected to provide a critical role in supporting The Head of Client Services & Stakeholder Relations by engaging with all our Partner Funds in order to build strong working relationships and provide day-to-day Client support.
- The Client Relationship Manager will also be expected to work closely with the Communications Manager to ensure that external Client communications are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- The Client Relationship Manager will be required to gain certification from the Company in respect of their client dealing function, as required by the FCA.
- Head of Client Services & Stakeholder Relations
- All Heads of Service, and other LGPSC staff
Need to do
- Pension Officers, S151 Officers, Investment Advisers, Stakeholders, External Fund Managers and 3rd Party Providers
Need to KnowSkills/Knowledge/Experience/Competence:
- Provide excellent levels of Client service and support
- Ensure that all Client queries and requests are addressed in a full and timely manner
- Have regard for LGPS Central's core values and behaviours
- Work closely in collaboration with the Communications Manager
- To attend regular 1-2-1 meetings with Partner Funds
- To attend regular meetings organised by the Pool collectively.
- Ensure continuous engagement with Partner funds in order to fully understand their investment needs.
- Provide active input into the development and launch of new funds
Values and BehavioursValues:
- Experience of pensions, investments and financial markets is essential
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working with Local Government Pension funds is highly desirable.
- First class interpersonal, collaborative and communication and presentation skills.
- Must be articulate, presentable and confident
- Must be a proficient user of PowerPoint, Excel, and be familiar with CRM systems Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level is a minimum requirement. A Post-Graduate or professional qualification is preferred.
- Service Delivery
- Outward Focus
- "Customer First" attitude
- Open, fair and transparent
- Honest and trustworthy
- Empowered in making right decisions
- Accountability for results and delivery