Job Description Summary:
We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Our clients operate in uncertain times. It's our job to work with them to help them grow sustainably and fulfil their responsibilities. In audit, we work with clients of all different sizes across many different sectors.
You'll work with clients at their sites, getting to the heart of how they work and the challenges they face. Making the most of your audit experience and client management skills, you'll help our clients mitigate risks and work more effectively. We're the number one supplier of public sector audit services to Local Government and the NHS. Join our public sector audit team and you won't just make a difference to your clients. You'll make a difference to vital health and public services that impact on people's lives and help to shape a vibrant economy where people thrive.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing Audit team covering the South West based out of the Bristol office.
What you'll be doing:
• Responsible for managing key client portfolios and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
• Assist the audit partner in establishing audit objectives and overall scope
• Ensure key matters which arise during the audit which were not identified at the planning stage are properly assessed and dealt with
• Review the work of in-charge accountants and also of office specialists (IT, risk)
• Check that audit work papers have been properly reviewed and that audit files are completed in a timely manner and are properly filed and maintained on the network
• Determine that all audit reports reflect the work performed and meet set reporting and auditing standards
• Remain updated to clients' business and is the key contact for day-to-day queries
• Follow through on any concerns regarding an audit assignment with the audit partner and manages to balance risks and commercial returns
• Adhere to the firms risk management policies and procedures, including being familiar with and consulting the audit manual and advising junior employees on application of procedures
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for collaborative individuals with good communication skills that want to work with a diverse client base.
-You will need to be a qualified accountant member of the CCAB or (e.g. CIPFA, ACA, ICAS or another recognised professional body) for this role, ( minimum requirement)
- You'll have experience of managing a sizeable portfolio of external audit clients (minimum criteria)
-Understand that excellent customer service is the key to client engagement you should be commercially focused with good relationship management skills, and any BD experience would be a bonus.
If you are looking to challenge yourself and develop your career, please apply!
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you'll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You'll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we'll want you to show us how they're important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible - changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people's lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what's right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we're also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring Your Whole Self
Now you've seen our values, it shouldn't be a surprise that we're creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
"We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone - regardless of background or gender." Dave Dunckley, CEO
There's more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes...the things you do and the people you're with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you'd like to work flexibly, let us know. We're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.
Life at Grant Thornton