Ultra Electronics Command & Sonar Systems (CSS) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electronics Engineer to contribute to the electronics engineering team at our site in Loudwater. Specialising in Maritime Defence projects, that range from tens of £k to several £M, we will allow the successful engineer the opportunity to challenge and develop their skills across a wide range of electronics disciplines. The candidate will form part of an elite team, working together to provide creative engineering solutions, focused on providing mission specific or bespoke features to customers. The ideal candidate is someone who is familiar with the defence industry and developing military equipment.Key Responsibilities
- To interpret customer needs and requirements, to decompose and flow them down into hardware requirements.
- Conduct electronics design across a range of specialities including Digital, Analogue and Firmware.
- Perform formal and peer reviews, covering full system, sub-system and individual board design.
- Ensure that the technical solution meets the customer, legislative and business requirements.
- Responsible for the technical oversight of the engineering activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for providing planning and estimation input into Project Managers at the kick-off of new projects for their own work and that of more junior Engineers.
- Freedom to take on the responsibility to deliver the engineering solution for all or part of a project across all engineering disciplines.
- To identify and resolve qualification, certification and safety issues.
- Review and approve project technical documentation, including: Development Plans, Requirements Specifications, Design Documents, Interface Specifications and Acceptance Tests; and the approval of design change requests and concessions.
- To support risk identification and mitigation activities.
- Coaching and mentoring of more junior Engineers.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers as appropriate.
- Overseeing initial test and integration including formal testing.
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change, proactive, diligent and with good leadership and inter-personal skills.
- Batchelor's degree or equivalent in Electronics or a relevant subject, additionally Chartered status or Professional Registration is desirable.
- Experience of the whole product lifecycle within a defence environment and/or airborne system qualification.
- Knowledge of Engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools.
- Knowledge of the EMC standards and design principles.
- Previous design experience with high fidelity Motor Control and Switch-mode Power supply design desired.
- Familiarity with one or more PMRP and ECAD tools.
- Eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
Analogue experience would be an advantage,