We are currently recruiting for Senior IFRS 17 Actuary to work in our Finance Impacts Team within Aviva's IFRS 17 programme. The role is a fixed term contract until the end of December 2021 and can be home based across the UK.
The Finance Impacts Team has a global responsibility for governing all required process, data and system changes to deliver combined strategic systems and process change, including IFRS 17.They are responsible for understanding, analysing and communicating how the business financials will change as a result of this new standard across the Group. The team work directly with the market SMEs to review and approve financial impacts across IFRS 17. This workstream provides valuable insight and helps inform management decisions prior to the standard implementation.
As the Senior IFRS 17 Actuary, you will provide both oversight and checking expertise to the broader team, working closely with the WNS offshore support and ensuring outputs are of a high quality. In addition, you will process and generate key financial impacts outputs on a range of topics including (but not limited to) CSM Amortisation, GAOs, Ireland FIA & EPoC 3 validation. Responsibilities in the role:
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Produce standardised financial impact analysis across a range of products and markets
- Work directly with the Market SMEs to review their financial impacts
- Consolidate analysis to produce a Group result and liaise with key Group SMEs
- Contribute to papers and potentially present proposals at the IFRS 17 working groups
What will you get for this role?
- Qualified actuary (or equivalent by experience) with significant financial reporting experience, ideally across IFRS or Solvency II
- An awareness of the new IFRS 17 standard would be advantageous but can be learned in role
- Ability to work innovatively to develop solutions to fresh analytical problems
- Very strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with colleagues from across the Group
- Strong technical actuarial skills to review and understand impacts
- Good management skills - ability to deliver through more junior members of team, including those offshore
- Ability to work independently and on their own initiative and know when to escalate
- Flexible to look at a range of issues across a wide number of customers, products and markets
Working at Aviva
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you. We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.