MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL COMPLIANCE
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Consumer Privacy Office is part of the Consumer Compliance team at Goldman Sachs and has team members in New York, Chicago and London. The Consumer Privacy Office provides privacy and data protection related support to Goldman Sachs' consumer businesses, including Marcus. The Consumer Privacy Office works with other privacy and data protection stakeholders at Goldman Sachs, including the Data Protection Office, Legal, Information Security and Technology Risk teams, Operations and the business teams that develop new consumer financial products and services. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a member of the Consumer Privacy Office in London, your responsibilities will include:
SKILLS EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Incorporating privacy-by-design and privacy-by-default into business, products, new features and technology
- Supporting the development and implementation of privacy governance frameworks with key stakeholders in Operations, Compliance, Engineering, Legal and Risk
- Implementing and overseeing the effectiveness of privacy controls, privacy enhancing technologies, and privacy risk mitigates
- Drafting, editing and reviewing responses to data subject requests and data protection-related queries
- Drafting and reviewing privacy-related disclosures, including fair processing notices and cookie disclosures, for retail financial products
- Liaising with the Data Protection Office and other data protection stakeholders to ensure alignment and communication
- Supporting the creation of, and reviewing data processing records and compliance assessments, including data protection impact assessments
- Drafting, reviewing, and revising existing data privacy policies, procedures and best practice documents
- Developing and delivering privacy and data protection training.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in a Data Protection Office, Privacy Risk, Privacy Compliance or Privacy Legal / Paralegal function (2+ years)
- Experience with international privacy regulatory frameworks, particularly GDPR, E-Privacy and other applicable laws and regulations
- Experience advising on direct marketing, ECRM and online behavioral and targeted advertising, including governance of these practices
- Experience of drafting responses to complaints from data subjects and handling nuanced data subject right requests.
- Experience performing formal and informal risk assessments for new and existing digital products and services from a privacy regulatory perspective
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships! and build partnerships across the business, including in Operations, Compliance, Engineering, Legal and Risk
- Comfortable taking the initiative and working across multiple business lines and jurisdictions
- Consumer banking industry and products experience, including experience working with call centers would be beneficial
- An understanding of digital and retail focused businesses, including new and developing businesses is also advantageous
- Certified Information Privacy Professional accreditation or similar accreditation preferred
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent, written and verbal communication skills; highly organized and sound organizational skills.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity