Since its launch in April 2018, LGPSC has become responsible for around £20bn of these assets. Around £10bn is held in funds structured in an Authorised Contractual Scheme ("ACS", itself authorised by the FCA) and around £10bn in a range of advisory and discretionary mandates. The volume of assets under management is expected to grow rapidly over the next few years as, in partnership with our Partner Funds, new Sub-Funds are developed and launched into which Partner Funds' assets will transition. A range of further Sub-Fund launches are planned for this financial year across a range of asset classes.
LGPSC is owned equally by eight pension funds and is dedicated to the management of local government pension assets. The aim of the Company is to use the combined buying power of its Partner Funds to reduce costs, improve investment returns and widen the range of available asset classes for investment - all for the benefit of local government pensioners, employees and employers. We are also committed to fully integrating Responsible Investment and Engagement into all our investment processes.
The management of Local Government Pension Scheme funds is going through significant change, providing career-changing opportunities for those who have the relevant investment experience and who want to work within a company which values integrity, trust, transparency, diversity, fairness and partnership. LGPS Central Limited aims to be a centre of excellence and we seek candidates who share our values to help us achieve that goal.
Our objective is to be a leading investment management company working with and for our Partner Funds. With a focus on value for money and performance we aspire to be one of the best because this is how we will deliver the superior investment returns and low costs for our Partner Funds.
We are a diverse and inclusive employer and would welcome interest from all sections of the community.
LGPS Central Limited is now seeking to hire an Enterprise Risk Manager to be based either in the Wolverhampton or Matlock offices of LGPS Central Limited.
We are looking for an experienced person to join our Compliance and Risk team based in Wolverhampton. The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer and the broader business.
The role will involve the implementation of the risk framework, reporting on the risks, completion of risk reports and presenting these to the relevant committees and identifying risks and risk mitigation.
The risk team plays a key role in supporting the business as well as other internal and external colleagues. The role does involve a level of challenge to ensure we maintain an effective and efficient risk management service the appointee will also oversee key risk processes.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree level qualification and/or a relevant industry qualification with strong experience across Risk. You will be expected to continuously update your learning and knowledge in post.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV with a covering letter, demonstrating why you have the skills to perform this role to email@example.com.
If you would like to discuss the role, please email on the address above.RoleOutcomes:
Non-Financial Delegated Authority Levels:Reports to:
- To put in place and operate effective Enterprise Risk management.
- Maintenance and update of the Risk management framework and programme
- Produce and provide meaningful analysis of Risk for effective 2nd line monitoring
- Appropriately challenge the business regarding the identified risk
- Maintenance and reporting on key Risk indicators
- Completion of Risk reports and dashboards. Presenting these to the relevant committees with meaningful commentary
- Liaise with the internal auditors and other third party to enable reviews to take place in a pragmatic manner. Ensure that any resulting actions are appropriately dealt with
- Lead on the documentation of the internal controls framework including preparation for the AAF review
- Ensure that a framework for self-assessment of controls is in place across the business
- Challenge departmental risk registers and enable the construction/update of the company risk register
- To assist in the identification of Risks (including emerging risks through horizon scanning) and ensuring steps are taken to manage and mitigate these, reporting as appropriate.
- To ensure that the skills and knowledge of the Compliance & Risk team are developed to a high level, and to be an advocate of continuous professional development.
- To promote the work of the Compliance & Risk team within the company, including the delivery of Risk training.
- To actively identify opportunities for continuous improvement and implement them swiftly and effectively.
- Support governance risks when outsourcing and onboarding third-party providers
Need to doKey Requirements:
- Executive Directors/ Board/NEDS/Heads/managers/ staff
- Stakeholders and Clients
Need to knowSkills/Knowledge/Experience/Competence:
- Able to communicate complex and highly technical matters in a way which is understandable and relevant.
- Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills, able to develop pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Active participant in continuous professional development, with an up-to-date knowledge of relevant accounting, finance, investments and pensions matters.
- Able to motivate and inspire members of the Compliance & Risk team to develop themselves and perform to a high level.
- Able to build effective relationships at all levels of the company and across the wider industry.
- Highly organised and able to work to deadlines and manage competing priorities under significant time pressures.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people management skills.
- Ability to challenge appropriately
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Significant experience of undertaking Risk roles in an asset management/pensions environment.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas, able to build belief and analytical thinker with high standards of professional judgement and objectivity.
- Able to promote the role of the Compliance & Risk team and the company.
- Understand the risk governance framework required for an asset management firm and how to implement the necessary elements.
- Understand Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) principles.
- Be able to identify and quantify operational risk scenarios.
- Understand the three lines of defence model and the roles that each part of the firm and individual staff members need to play.
- Strategic thinker who understands and makes an active contribution to the overarching aims and objectives of the company, whilst being able to interpret and relate these to the work of the Compliance & Risk team.
- Innovative and actively challenges existing ways of working, driving improvements within the Compliance/ Risk framework and across the wider company, promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
Values and BehavioursValues:
- Degree level or equivalent in discipline area
- Strong mathematics
- Significant experience across Risk
- Relevant industry qualification
- Client Focus
- Supportive Workplace
- Cutting Edge
- Open, fair and transparent
- Honest and trustworthy
- Empowered in making right decisions
- Accountability for results and delivery
- Hard working
- Team player
LGPS Central Limited provides an exciting, supportive and family-friendly working environment, and we are committed to helping our people achieve their full potential and a healthy work-life balance. We are an inclusive employer and offer equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual's age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.