Senior Test Engineer, BPDTS Ltd: Up to £61,537, plus employer pension contributions, a performance related annual bonus and in-year rewards, and great work/life balanceBPDTS. Digital People.
We are looking for talented Test Engineering practitioners and leaders to join our Manchester team. If you can execute technical delivery, leadership and management across testing disciplines including automation, functional, performance, security, and accessibility, then we want to hear from you.
In BPDTS our people are our biggest asset. We harness and develop their expertise so we can design, build and run secure and intuitive digital services used by 20 million UK citizens, often during critical times in their lives. In these extraordinary times, our work has never been more important.Our Project. Your mission.
Our agile multi-disciplinary teams are already transforming services for users. Part of our challenge is to digitise and create great customer journeys and user interface. You will be working in system integration where new digital front ends connect to legacy systems.
We're building a talented, knowledgeable and flexible team of test experts who can work across front end web, APIs, UI testing, back end integration testing and lots more.
As well as maintaining and modifying tests for other engineers, you'll provide leadership, and strategic direction for our teams, and identify the right test methodology for the right situation. You'll drive collaboration and alignment, and be a vocal and visible Test Engineering ambassador in our community, leading discussion of trends, tool and best practice.
In the BPDTS Testing Practice we are developing our capability through the use of automation, agile principles, and modern tools and technologies to deliver the best quality services. And we're committed to helping our testers be at their very best, whether that means formal training, coaching or just working alongside experts from across the Test, Engineering and Digital communities.
You can watch Stuart Taylor our Engineering Practice Lead talk more about the Engineering community @ BPDTS here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rluPdoDscE&feature=youtu.be.What you'll work on
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- You'll set a consistent strategic direction for product teams and the Test Engineering community.
- You will lead Test Engineering teams, providing technical leadership and guidance.
- You'll lead delivery of testing activities, ensuring we deliver on quality, time and cost.
- You will define the approach for test infrastructure setup and use outputs to drive technical improvements.
- You'll identify and implement appropriate technical test tools.
- You'll drive standardization by sharing reusable libraries and services, experience, and lessons learned with other DWP teams.
- You drive collaboration by aligning what teams are working on and highlighting the key dependencies, impacts and priorities.
- You will lead community discussions around the latest technology trends, tools, and best practice.
Where will you work?
- Experience of leading a multi-disciplinary Agile test team
- Experience with implementing test engineering best practices.
- An understanding of Agile delivery principles, methodology and tools.
- Knowledge of the latest technical test tools and where it would be beneficial to apply them PW UFT 12.5+, Selenium v2.53.1+, Jenkins v2.11+
- Ability to train others and advise on testing techniques and frameworks.
- Knowledge of a broad range of performance testing tools including HPE Loadrunner v12.53+, JMeter v3.0
- Experience of Continuous Integration - Methodology and tools (i.e. GIT)
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital's community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub on St Peter's Square, Manchester. Find out more about working in our Manchester hub here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/manchester
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.What is our offer?
- We'll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £61,537
- You will be eligible for an Aviva Master Trust pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus and in-year reward ad recognition
- We'll help you balance your life and work with flexible working and family friendly policies
- We'll give you a generous leave allowance starting and 25 days and rising to 30, with the option to buy and sell extra days each year.
- We'll help you work as you learn with access to coaching, training, structured development and career progression opportunities, as part of a dedicated community of practice.
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package - including a cycle to work scheme, employee discounts, income protection, life assurance and lots more - which can be tailored to your lifestyle.HOW TO APPLY
It's easy. Click apply and we'll redirect you to our application portal. You'll upload an updated, tailored CV to align with the required skills, knowledge and experience as much as possible. Please don't assume anything is implied, make it clear to us you've got what we're looking for
If shortlisted you'll be sent a test to complete. This is a technical test with a real business problem to solve so just assume the role of a Senior Test Engineer and solve the problem. Get it done - and hopefully have fun along the way!