MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
OUR IMPACT GS Real Estate Asset Managers look after a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of real estate positions. On any one day we might be building a Solar Farm in Asia, renovating an apartment complex in the Americas and selling a hotel business in Europe.
As a member of the Real Estate Models Team within Investing & Lending Engineering, you will help Asset Managers to reason about the operation of real estate assets and/or the management of loans collateralised by real estate RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Partner with business users to identify, analyse, and define complex business requirements and to propose innovative solutions
- Collaborate with colleagues across the globe to design and develop those solutions
- Resolve issues by working the business, with colleagues across the globe and with back-office teams through to the resolution of the event
- Optimize systems and resources by working individually or with regional teams
- Solid knowledge of Java, Python, GS Slang or a similar
- Object Oriented design and implementation experience
- Ability to cope with multiple demands on time and prioritize accordingly and communicate impact
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science or a Maths / Science / Engineering discipline
- Good communication skills. You will be working directly with the business.
- Ready to take on new challenges. You will be working with bespoke technologies including our in-house language Slang/SecDB.
- Ability to follow existing standards and architecture guidelines
- Ability to participate in code reviews
- Basic relational database skills SQL / DDL
- An interest in finance and economics
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience developing applications with demonstrated experience with full software lifecycle and deploying applications to Production
- Knowledge of REST or WSDL
- Experience working with a micro-services based architectures using Kubernetes
- Knowledge of scrum-based development
- Experience in Financial Services or a Fintech is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity