DWP. Digital with Purpose.
This is an unprecedented time for digital, data and technology specialists in government. We're harnessing digital technologies, skills and tools to transform public services on a global scale.
There have never been more opportunities to work collectively and creatively as a profession to respond to the changing needs and expectations of millions of people, and deliver services that are simple and easy to use.
We're looking for skilled application engineers to join our agile, multidisciplinary Fraud, Error and Debt team. you'll develop industry standard applications across various commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and data integration applications within a complex technology architecture.Duties. Work. Projects. What will I be working on?
On the FED team we're developing our capability by implementing modern COTS products, automation, agile ways of working, technologies to deliver high quality services in order to support the transformation of the way DWP deals with debt, fraud and payments.
As our Application Engineer you will:
What skills and experience do I need?
- Configure and customise the Debt Manager COTS application as per the business needs and in accordance with the design and agreed acceptance criteria
- Establish consistent technical working practices across the Debt function including following process, establishing common tools for development and unit testing
- Support and maintain the existing Debt Manager application and its associated components including data integration
- Support the migration of the current Debt Manager version to the latest supported version including all configuration and data items.
Details. Wages. Perks.
- Working knowledge of configuring & customisation of any COTS application preferably financial or ERP
- SQL and relation databases - create and modify tables/views/indexes/stored procedures
- XML structure and manipulation
- Batch Architecture, ETL processing & job scheduling tools
- API Integration
- Agile ways of working
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £40,666, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning, development, coaching and mentoring
- Career pathways and progression
- Work our brilliant new digital hub in Manchester. Find out more about here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/manchester
- We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
For further information and to start your application click apply. You'll be redirected to civil service jobs. Make sure you use your application to really demonstrate you've got the skills and experience we're looking for.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.