We are now hiring to the role of a Project Manager to join the small Programme Team. This offers an opportunity to be part of the development and growth story of a multi-billion-pound asset manager, to join an organisation where you will not only have the prospects to develop your investment skills but also be actively involved in the development and launch of new products.
You will be expected to work as part of the Programme Team reporting to the Programme Lead and involved in;
- Project Management of sub-fund launches, which have been approved by Partner Funds
- Report progress of sub-fund launches to the relevant forums
- Report escalations to the Programme Manager as and when required
- Facilitate regular meetings with both internal and external stakeholders on the progress of projects
- Working on other projects aligned to the programme including LGPSC accommodation review
- Update project documentation using various project management tools
- Working with stakeholders to understand the projects and key milestones and deliverables
You will be an experienced project manager equipped with the necessary project management methodology and tools to support the team. Please see job description for full details.
We are a diverse and inclusive employer and would welcome interest from all sections of the community.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com highlighting your key strengths and experience in relation to the job profile and demonstrating why you have the skills to perform this role.About LGPS Central Limited
LGPS Central Limited is a fund management company, regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), managing the pooled assets of nine Midlands-based local government pension funds.
With combined assets of approximately £45bn, and representing the retirement savings of over 900,000 scheme members across over 2000 employers, LGPS Central Limited's Partner Funds are;
Cheshire Pension Fund, Derbyshire Pension Fund, Leicestershire Pension Fund, Nottinghamshire Pension Fund, Shropshire Pension Fund, Staffordshire Pension Fund, West Midlands Pension Fund, West Midlands Integrated Transport Authority Pension Fund, and Worcestershire Pension Fund.
Since its launch in April 2018, LGPSC has become responsible for around £20bn of these assets. Around £10bn is held in funds structured in an Authorised Contractual Scheme (ACS, itself authorised by the FCA) and around £10bn in a range of advisory and discretionary mandates. The volume of assets under management is expected to grow rapidly over the next few years as, in partnership with our Partner Funds, new sub-funds are developed and launched into which Partner Funds' assets will transition. A range of further sub-fund launches are planned for this financial year across a range of asset classes.
LGPS Central Limited is owned equally by eight of the nine pension funds and is dedicated to the management of local government pension assets. The aim of the Company is to use the combined buying power of its Partner Funds to reduce costs, improve investment returns and widen the range of available asset classes for investment - all for the benefit of local government pensioners, employees and employers. We are also committed to fully integrating Responsible Investment and Engagement into all our investment processes.
The management of Local Government Pension Scheme funds is going through significant change, providing career-changing opportunities for those who have the relevant investment experience and who want to work within a company which values integrity, trust, transparency, diversity, fairness and partnership. LGPS Central Limited aims to be a centre of excellence and we seek candidates who share our values to help us achieve that goal.
Our objective is to be a leading investment management company working with and for our Partner Funds. With a focus on value for money and performance we want to aspire to be one of the best because this is how we will deliver the superior investment returns and low costs for our Partner Funds.RoleOutcomes:
- To assist the project teams to manage projects ensuring they are scoped, documented and have deliverables that are defined and delivered within agreed timescales
- To co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of project delivery, monitor activities against the plan and notify the Head of Programmes of corrective actions as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate consolidation of project reports into programme and dashboard level reporting and carry out assurance on the content
- Work with the project teams to ensure project reports are accurate and fit for purpose
- Work with nominated project leads to implement improved project processes and reporting
Non-Financial Delegated Authority Levels:
- No budgeted responsibility
N/AReports to: Head of
Programme ManagementRelationships Internal:
Need to do
- Executive Directors/ Board/NEDS/Heads/managers/ staff
- Stakeholders and Clients
Need to knowSkills/Knowledge/Experience/Competence:
- Ability to multi-task and work multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Highly organised, able to prioritise effectively working under own initiative and to work accurately to deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to troubleshoot and resolve a variety of project and process issues
- The ability to meet deadlines, good attention to detail and accuracy of reporting
- Have good practical working knowledge of various programme and project management tools/processes
- Act as the engagement link for various projects- including compiling project communication updates
- Ability to identify risks and issues with the Project teams assisting in the formulation of mitigating or resolving actions
- Facilitate the programme management process, logging and tracking project change requests and chasing progress updates
- First class interpersonal and communication skills to work across teams
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent IT and MS Office skills including knowledge on MS Project
- Experience of action logging and tracking through to completion
- Demonstrates initiative
- Self-starter/ability to use initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and within strict timescales
- Flexibility in working across a variety of tasks
- Demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to build good working relationships with staff, stakeholders and external stakeholders
- Gained some experience in project/programme management team environment and has customer skills
- Strong delivery and milestone/target driven
- Sound knowledge of investment management including Derivatives
Values and BehavioursValues:
- Degree level or equivalent
- PRINCE2 qualified
- Service Delivery
- Supportive Workplace
- Outward Focus
- Open, fair and transparent
- Honest and trustworthy
- Empowered in making right decisions
- Accountability for results and delivery