Audit Administrator £19,500
Working for an established charity in York within a friendly and supportive environment, you will be working directly with the Internal Audit Manager and Data Protection & Compliance Officer to support them in the effective planning, conducting and reporting of audits on time whilst ensuring the provision of an efficient audit service to the Group.
Your role will involve the following:
* Checking finance prepared reconciliations, authorisations, payroll and system changes.
* Assisting with system testing and process validation.
* Completing for review the monthly financial and systems audit across the Group
* Producing and sending audit letters.
* Logging and processing receipts from recipients and liaising with them re-audit related queries.
* Completing monthly proof of delivery checks on all suppliers.
* Maintaining interface between audit and other departments.
* Liaising with suppliers and assisting with any reported allegations of misuse or fraud, ensuring these are documented and reported monthly.
* Assisting with continuous improvements and automation of the audit function and preparation of reports.
* Participating in cross-functional projects as appropriate.
The successful applicant will have:
* Administration experience with similar duties (some accounts/finance/audit experience would be helpful)
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
* Microsoft Office particularly managing data in Excel.
* Excellent critical reasoning, logical problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent communication skills - verbal and written & good interpersonal skills
In return, you will receive the support and camaraderie of a friendly and collaborative team, headed up by an innovative and highly respected Line Manager with bags of enthusiasm. We need an individual with passion, attention to detail and a 'bit of spark and energy'. You don't have to have audit experience (as this can be taught to the right individual) but you will enjoy the routine and regularity of process-related work, there are opportunities to progress your career here as well.
Holidays: 25 days holiday plus BH. (Increases with length of services after 12 months annually up to the maximum 30 days)
Hours: Full time (35 hours, Monday to Friday) flexi- time policy
Pension: Contributory pension scheme
Free tea & coffee AND major job satisfaction knowing that you are improving peoples' lives who are very much in need of some care & support.