2nd Line Support Engineer
Reading, Berkshire (office and home based)
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum DOE
Driven by innovation, Sapphire Balconies is the nation's leading balcony specialist. We're a well-established family firm who are passionate about challenging traditional methods and going above and beyond to deliver an unrivalled service.
We're looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join us and set up and manage our internal helpdesk system, as well as train non-technical colleagues to use IT to be more productive.
As a 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will:
- Work alongside our existing external IT support desk, managing staff requests and providing 1st and 2nd line support
- Support the delivery of IT projects
- Test, diagnose and repair faulty equipment, networks and other systems
- Analyse call logs to identify common trends
- Help to write and update user manuals and self-help documentation
- Run 1-2-1 and group training sessions to promote best practice and improve the productive use of IT by non-technical people
To join us as a 2nd Line Support Engineer, you'll need:
- At least two years' experience in a 2nd line position
- Knowledge of, and experience with, QA methodologies
- Experience of using issue tracking platforms (e.g. Azure DevOps, JIRA or GitLab)
- A Microsoft accreditation (MCSA or MCSE)
You will also need knowledge and experience with current technology, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Server 2003 - 2016
- Microsoft desktop PC OS - Windows 10
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Azure infrastructure estate
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- Microsoft Office 365
- Server Virtualisation (VMware)
- LAN/WAN (routers, switches, firewall)
Other organisations may call this role Systems Support Analyst, Technical Support Analyst, IT Support Analyst, Helpdesk Analyst, IT Helpdesk Engineer, Service Desk Analyst, IT Service Desk Engineer, or Technical Support Engineer.
What are the benefits?
- Benefits package including bonus scheme, medicare and other options after probation
- Home working options
- Make an impact on how we operate
- Join a company that values their people and encourages a healthy work-life balance
- Support to get involved with charitable initiatives
Webrecruit and Sapphire Balconies are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of 2nd Line Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 07:30 - 16:30