Electrical Design EngineerLocation:
Competitive salary and benefitsAbout the Company:
An Electrical Design Engineer is required for eSmart Networks, a growing company that specialises in large scale EV, battery storage and large industrial and commercial connections. The design engineer will play an integral role supporting the tendering team through early design advice, completing detailed design work for Electricity infrastructure projects from LV up to 33kV. From budget design to operational handover, the Electrical Design Engineer will ensure that designs are technically and commercially compliant and delivered within agreed timescales. This emerging market space is well suited for a design engineer wanting to further develop their existing skills in designing the infrastructure to these new technological advances.Electrical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
Electrical Design Engineer Requirements:
- To ensure the design is compliant with legislation, industry and adopting utility specifications and all HSEQ requirements.
- Understanding how the Design team contribute to the current and future targets of the wider business.
- Delivering and reviewing electricity infrastructure designs, from budget mark-up to successful delivery.
- Ensuring designs are technically and commercially compliant and delivered within agreed timescales.
- Offer full design support to Clients, Projects and Site Delivery teams.
- Liaise with Project Managers and Delivery teams ensuring open and thorough communication channels.
- Obtain relevant IDNO and DNO approvals.
- Provide a high, maintained level of customer service at all times to both internal and external clients.
- Liaise and problem solve with other engineering disciplines
If you think that you are suitable for this Electrical Design Engineer role, please apply now!
- Knowledge of ENA's G81 documents and NERS.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Knowledge of preconstruction and feasibility within utilities sector.
- Experience of Cable Calculations using (Amtech or Trimble)
- Experience of earthing design
- Experience of Protection studies
- IET Code of Practice for EV charging equipment installation
- Understanding of customer service and its impact on business growth.
- Knowledge and awareness of continuous improvement within existing and new processes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain compelling relationships.
- Collaborative working across other design disciplines and installation teams.
- G98, G99 & G100 (preferable)
- Knowledge of BSth edition (preferable)
- Proactive and motivated approach.
- Strong technical reporting ability.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proven ability to find solutions in a proactive manner.
- Must be target driven and committed to key milestone dates and timescales.
- Ability to carry out Earthing designs (preferable)
- Protection studies (preferable)
- Strong IT skills including MS Suite, AutoCAD and other design software.
- Preferably will hold relevant Engineering Degree.
- Further technical or professional qualification preferred (IEng or CEng)
- Experienced in the design/planning of DNO and IDNO network and substation design.
Nexus Infrastructure plc and its subsidiaries, Tamdown, TriConnex and eSmart networks is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity and promote equality across all of our businesses. We welcome applications from all sections of society and are always happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application. The terminology used in this advert is not intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90589588