Vitality, Solution Architect - 6 Month Contract, Bournemouth, £Competitive plus bonus and benefits
We're the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we're out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you'll enjoy: complimentary breakfasts; regular onsite physical and mental wellness workshops; on-site health checks; annual flu jabs and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It's what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members and good for you.
As our Solution Architect, you'll get the benefits our members enjoy, including
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme - Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Champneys Spa days, half price gym memberships, Disney Store discounts to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 Days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more.
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions and awards - a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
Our Solution Architect will be responsible for ensuring that changes to Vitality systems are designed and delivered to a high quality in accordance with the appropriate architecture standards.
Responsibilities as our Solution Architect:
- Work closely with the wider architecture team, designing solutions that cross technical, product and application boundaries, ensuring that changes are designed, developed and delivered into service in compliance with standards
- Be the point of contact for resolving any architectural/integration issues with Vitality Health systems
- Act as an SME for technical changes in order to provide estimates for new projects or product enhancements
- Own, create and maintain system-level Solution Design documentation and seeks relevant sign off
- Contribute to developing, maintaining and publishing of principles, standards, guidelines and processes at CADS (Committee for Application and Development Standards)
- Contribute to Design standards and Patterns, and form part of the governing body of the EADA (Enterprise Architecture Design Authority)
- Support Projects and Product Enhancements throughout the development and delivery lifecycle
- Assist in Incident/Problem management, Root Cause Analysis and definition of solutions
- Work closely with the development team(s) - encouraging continuous improvement in the development, build, test and maintenance of the system
Skills and experience required to become our Solution Architect:
- Understanding of Solution Architecture principles
- Exposure to multiple technologies
- Demonstrable expertise in the use of appropriate tools/technologies for the design, development, build, testing & deployment of a wide range of applications
- Confident communicator - able to present complex technical issues in a clear manner to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience of Agile Methodology
- Multi-task and prioritise across a number of projects and initiatives.
- Work independently and collaborate effectively across the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment - unfazed by late-breaking changes to scope and/or priorities
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented individual with the ability to take ownership of the task assigned
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Financial Services experience is desirable but not essential
- Experience of transitioning or hybrid architecture frameworks
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile Delivery models and working within the teams
Closing Date: Thursday 10th September 2020
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Solution Architect, thenplease click 'apply' today.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90641185