Are you keen to make a difference in a dynamic organisation? Do you have a passion for putting the customer at the centre of everything you do?
We're a fast-paced, dynamic Group at the cutting edge of building safe and recurring value for all of our stakeholders. Our core areas include: bespoke pension solutions, wrap platform, independent financial advisory, investment consultancy, research and due diligence, and more. We currently have £33bn Assets Under Management and are still growing.
This role is within Embark Corporate Services Limited, part of the Embark Group.
What you'll do
In your role as an Application Developer, you will be responsible for working on new greenfield development projects as well as supporting existing applications and interfaces with third party partners. The projects you support, will include white label partner implementations, platform enhancements and regulatory change. You will also be required to provide support with production incidents and API testing. You will be involved throughout the project lifecycle - responsible for understanding business requirements, participating in detailed design brainstorming sessions and developing web & middleware applications, SQL procedures/functions, SSIS packages, SSRS reports, web and background services to implement the required functionality.
The ideal candidate will be a full stack Microsoft analyst developer with development experience in both web and database domains and have a good understanding of database design and have good working knowledge of the best practices in Web, SQL & SSIS development demonstrated over several projects.
- Participate in all phases of software development life cycle including design, development, testing, implementation and support
- Design and develop solutions using primarily .NET, C# and SQL Server.
- Work with SMEs, Business Analysts and Solution Architects to understand functional & non-functional requirements and technical design
- Maintain high quality technical documentation
- Promote best practice in C#, .NET and SQL development
- Undertake REST API testing
Who you are and the experience we're looking for
Delivering excellence is no easy task, particularly when you are transforming a business. So we're looking for someone with the right experience and behaviours to join our team. The 'DNA' we look for starts with high proactivity and tenacity, the desire to deliver service excellence, attention to detail and a passion for both innovation and continuous improvement. As well as this, you will need to have:
- At least 2-3 years' experience in .Net development (C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server)
- SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- SSIS (highly desirable), SSRS (highly desirable)
- RESTful/WCF web services (desirable)
- SoapUI / ReadyAPI Automated API Testing (desirable)
- Exposure to Azure technologies and Azure SDK (desirable)
- Qlik / BI Technologies (desirable)
- Selenium automation through C# web drivers (desirable)
- Understanding of data modelling and database design
- Knowledge of investment and pension products, including regulatory framework (desirable)
- Innovative thinker with an appetite for new technology
- Desirable experience ASP.NET MVC, Web API, React, Umbraco for CMS
Why join us
Our approach centres on four primary enablers: our expertise, access to leading technology, focus on consumers, and capital.
We believe in transparency and meritocracy; we want to give all of our people the opportunity to be the best they can be, sharing in our future success.
Our family of companies include:
The Adviser Centre - a free-to-air, online fund research and consultancy service, dedicated to helping financial advisers to assess, select and monitor suitable actively-managed funds from the whole of the market.
EBS Pensions Limited - developed over the last 20+ years into a leading SIPP and SSAS provider, with over 15,000 clients and £2.8bn assets under administration.
The Embark Platform - a low-cost retirement-focused platform for financial advisers built on cutting edge and market leading FNZ technology.
Hornbuckle - one of the UK's leading independent specialist pension providers, Hornbuckle has excelled in self-invested pension provision for more than three decades.
Rowanmoor - the UK's largest independent SSAS provider and a provider of bespoke SIPPs and Family SIPPs.
Vested - a collaboration between Embark Group and Mazars LLP. Together we bring the very best in employee benefits and workplace savings to small and medium sized employers (those with between 100 and 750 full time employees).
Embark Corporate Services - is the provider of centralised Corporate Support to the Embark Group. Our approach is simple, we provide excellence in service to support the Group in being a world class full-scale retirement solutions provider.
Horizon by Embark - offers five multi-asset portfolios designed to align with investor's chosen risk profile.
Advance by Embark - Platform which is a digital solution supporting advisers who are delivering services to clients seeking to build their financial security for retirement.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90576974