This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced 2nd line level individual to join a reputable business, who continue to experience year on year growth. With this comes opportunities for progression and development, with the department keen to implement regular free development time to employees.
As an experienced Systems Administrator/2nd Line Engineer, you will be joining a busy team who are responsible for providing day to day support and maintenance of the IT infrastructure including networking, virtualization, Desktop and the Microsoft stack of technologies. As someone with the ability to use initiative and think outside the box, you will be continually identifying improvements and implementing them as required. Responsibilities:
- Provide a high level of technical support to the business users ensuring a 'customer first' attitude
- Maintenance and upkeep of internal systems, including Active Directory, Networks, VMWare and Office365
- Administering and maintenance of the on-site network, servers and appliances, maintaining performance, stability and security
- Daily backups, system monitoring, capacity planning, monthly patching, firmware management and system wide updates
Microsoft AD/DNS/DHCP/GPO services
Microsoft Desktop Platforms
VMWare Virtualisation Administration
- Network Administration (Switching, Routing, VLANs etc.)
- Strong background in technical support at 2nd line level along with experience providing a high level service to users
- Be pro-active in identifying and solving issues
- Be self-motivated and have the right attitude to get the job done and improve practices
- Great interpersonal skills - ability to convey technical detail to multiple audience types and understand end user concerns
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team as they transition into new technologies. The company offers fantastic benefits including company bonus, healthcare cash plan, product discount and a heavily subsidised canteen.
Please note that the role is working on a shift pattern basis but initially it is highly likely this will be 9am-5pm and there will also be an on call element, which is financially remunerated. Closing Date:
Please note that we will accept applications up to the closing date, however all suitable candidates will be submitted as soon as received, and the client reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
If you have the skills and experience stated, please apply NOW!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90599173