The Kindertons Group are recruiting for an IT Support Apprentice to join our fantastic IT Team, based on the outskirts of Crewe.
You will work with our desktop support team in assisting our users with day to day IT issues. Received via a ticketing system for our group IT Service Desk.
Are you passionate to enter a role into the IT industry, to learn new skills and evolve those skills in a great team, learning all aspects of desktop support - from new user logins to software and hardware issues, whilst working towards a Level 3 IT Qualification.Main responsibilities:
GCSE's required -
- Provide first-line helpdesk support and administration of computer hardware, software, audio-visual equipment, photocopiers and telephone equipment.
- Assist with the building, configuration, maintenance and repair of computers, audio-visual equipment and computer/telephone related equipment
- Install and configure computer operating systems, and a wide variety of software applications, to a diverse fleet of desktop, laptop and mobile devices.
- Help maintain accurate IT statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation by ensuring all personal support activities are clearly recorded on the helpdesk system.
- Assist with the upkeep of the companies IT asset inventory, ensuring all moves, additions or deletions of equipment are clearly recorded.
- Manage and maintain appropriate stock levels of computer consumables and accessories and identify stock shortages that require replenishment.
- Set up, maintain and organise repairs for a wide variety of computing, audio visual and telephony equipment.
- Constantly work towards the successful completion of an NVQ Level 3 for IT Professionals by managing their time between hands-on support activities and academic study.
Grade C and aboveSkills and abilities -
An understanding of desktop hardware, understanding of networks and servers is very beneficial
Exposure to Microsoft Operating systems - such as Windows 7 & 10.Additional information -
30 days holidays
Salary - £13,500
Monday - Friday with occasional Saturdays 8.30am - 5.00pm
Hours of Work 38.75
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90621552