The role of the Cyber Security Analyst is to identify and support remediation of security issues that may pose a risk to NNL operations, customers, employees, suppliers or partners and alert them on real-time. They will be responsible for the internal security and compliance tools as well as providing support to the 3rd party SOC.
Main ResponsibilitiesPrincipal Accountabilities:
Responsible for monitoring and analysis of recommendations from:
- Azure Security Centre
- M365 Security Centre
- Cloud App Security
- Cloud App Security Broker
- Microsoft Compliance Centre
Responsible for the production and continuous improvement of SOPS for:
- Consolidating and managing security alerts
- Agreeing appropriate responses with ITSO for security alerts
- E-Discovery Centre
Responsible for the production of vulnerability assessments and support the ITSO in the analysis and remediation guidance for the technology teams.
Support the CS&IA team in the internal analysis of SIEM security information.
Support the CISO and Chief Architect to ensure good visibility of the security and compliance status for the infrastructure as a whole.
Support the development of the security infrastructure elements of the technology strategy and roadmap.
Support wider CS&IA team in supporting BAU Security Assessments and Projects as needed.
Support the ISM in the management of audits and assessments such as ISO27001.The Ideal CandidateQualifications & Experience:
About The Company
- Good overall understanding of Technology and Cyber Security
- Demonstrable background in either Cyber Security, Information Security or Infrastructure with a Security Focus.
- Must be proactive and driven to continuously improve their own processes and ways of working, along with the teams around them
- Knowledge and understanding of the various ways attacks are carried out against a system or network and how to effectively detect them
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to maintain calmness and being diplomatic under stressful situations
- Good problem-solving skills using a range of sources and methods.
- Strong multitasking skills to be able to effectively manage multiple activities, including cross-team dependent activities simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal, and ability to work off hours when needed
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90646572