Contracts Manager required for my client, a global leader in the manufacture and development of raw materials within the biochemistry sector.
As Contracts Managers you will be responsible for all commercial contracting activities with customers and suppliers.
The key responsibilities of the Contracts Manager:
- Provides commercial and legal guidance and support for contract negotiations, bids, RFPs. Ensures robustness of contracts and technical de-risking
- Develops a set of standard contracts for the company.
- Analyzes all requirements and provisions in contracts, establishing a framework, pre-requisite conditions and gatekeeping criteria
- Ensures compliance with all UK laws and regulations, corporate guidelines and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to and monitoring of delegations of authority in contractual commitments.
- Audits existing contracts and oversees contract modifications.
- Analyzes, monitors and facilitates mitigations to contract's risk to the business.
- Visits client sites and meets with business partners.
- Monitors the performance of each signed contract.
- Ensures that business goals are accomplished by contract implementation.
- Trains stakeholders on how to engage with contracts function.
- Communicates contract implementations to subordinates.
- Maintains a computer database for the company's contract management system.
- Conducts analysis of new laws, regulations and contract trends to determine potential impact on the business.
- Guides and prepares requests for proposals for distribution to vendors.
- Coordinates with the finance department to ensure correct billing and collection of contractual revenues.
- Ensures that contracts are in line with corporate goals and objectives.
Leads complex contract negotiations and manages all changes in and addendums to existing contracts.
- Identifies potential improvements to existing policies.
- Prepares reports on the status of contracts for management.
- Conducts special projects as assigned.
- Negotiates and oversees leasing agreements.
Experience and Key Skills of the Contracts Manager:
- Demonstrable skills in contracting including RFPs, bid generation and submission, negotiation, administration including risk and opportunity management.
- Demonstrated experience in B2B contracting and highly conversant with applicable UK law
- Experience in facilitating and managing external counsel
- Highly conversant in working across a matrix environment and collaborating as required, both as a service provider and proactively when facilitating mitigations and opportunities
- Highly metrics driven with strong reporting capability
- Credible in forging relationships with key stakeholders in the business
- Drafting, evaluating, negotiating and execution of contracts
- Leveraging contracts to advance the company's position in opportunity conversion and risk mitigation
- Internal and external contract issue resolution
- Monitoring, completion, close-outs, extensions and renewals as appropriate
- Conversant in fundamental financial skills Report writing and presenting