Our story is both inspiring and remarkable, it is one of growth and success amid some extraordinary circumstances.
This is the story of Gama Healthcare.
Born from two curious medical doctors who challenged the status quo and led them to develop today's innovative range of infection prevention products for both hospitals and consumers. Wipes and hand sanitising gels could hardly be more topical at the moment, just two of the products from our innovative range.
From humble beginnings to becoming the largest supplier of wipes to the NHS is quite some feat. We've all seen the stories of "super-bugs", MRSA and microbial resistance. Add into the mix the devastating effects on people's lives of Coronavirus and you can understand why we are passionate about what we do.
It is also why we continue to innovate new products, moving us into new spaces. It is these new products, Rediroom a temporary isolation room and Violet, a UV room sanitiser that is driving our latest recruitment.
We are recruiting a Hardware Engineer into our Capital Equipment team within the Science & Innovation group based in Halifax What will you do?
What will you need?
- Take full responsibility for the Hardware development within the Category.
- Act as project manager and project owner in the delivery of Hardware work packages working with Consultants and internal stakeholders
- Provide technical solutions or manager both internal or external teams to delivery GAMA's Electro mechanical Hardware strategy
- Create, Development and implement GAMA IP strategy with regards Hardware Provide the Category with new possibilities and competitive solutions based on research and contacts with users, external institutions, and suppliers.
- Coach and provide Category team members with best working practice regarding the planning and delivery of Hardware and Hardware related projects
- Deliver Hardware and Hardware verification and validation that meets all GAMA requirements
- Actively drive and propose methods/techniques to predict, interpret and translate customer and business needs into product specifications within the field of Hardware
- Guide and coach the Category team when it comes to Hardware development issues e.g. technical solutions, internal processes, and external standards.
- Build a viable and reliable supplier network to deliver the agreed Category and Franchise roadmap
- Lead or participate in cross-functional development projects in all stages of the PD process, within the areas of Hardware development
- Be R&D representative in due diligence work in Hardware ares .
- Educate and train people internally on product design and R&D in order to improve the internal knowledge and competence in the company.
- Participate in the work and actively propose changes to the Stage Gate process to adapt to the new ways of working
What will you get?
- Good knowledge in regulatory requirements and standards for medical devices in particular Hardware, e.g. MDD, FDA.
- Experience from R&D in the Medical Device Industry or equivalent.
- Proficiency in use of electrical test equipment, i.e. oscilloscope, multi meter, soldering tools
- Demonstrated success in resolution of technical challenges leveraging strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work individually and in small teams that may include contractors working remotely Relentless and enterprising approach to solving problems
- Passion for developing hardware (boards and/or consumer product), including electrical schematics and PCBs
- Strong understanding of Bluetooth and connectivity protocols
- Antenna/RF simulation, optimization & testing Experience with PCB layout
- A competitive salary up to £50,000
- Commitment to your personal and professional development
- Annual performance related bonus 25 days holiday (plus statutory)
- A competitive pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cashback plan for money back on dentists, opticians etc
For several years we've achieved double digit growth and we're not stopping there. We're looking for talented individuals to join us on our journey. Apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90644197