We are searching for a dedicated and dynamic Junior Buyer / Category Manager that would support the buyer and help manage the buying team. Key responsibilities
- You will build and develop ranges, in order to drive sales, market share and profitability
- Support the Buyer with ongoing projects, but be able to work independently
- You will have a creative input within the department, working closely with design and QA to help shape product innovation.
- Monitor market trends, customer requirements, competitor activity and supplier product innovation, regularly analysing sales and suggesting ways the range could be improved
- Maximising the delivery of the budgeted financial KPI's (Sales/Margin/Stock)
- Monitoring and analysing sales figures, stock, and tracking orders
- Managing a team of 5 or less people, ensuring their work is kept on track.
- Maintain and develop relationships with our suppliers in the UK, Far East and Europe
- Responding quickly to changes in the market, including new trends.
If you are an experienced Junior Buyer / Category Manager and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the 'apply' button below.
- Previous buying experience in a retail environment
- You must be astute to commercial opportunities.
- You will be committed and confident with choosing and buying products
- Excellent organisation and communication skills with a commercial eye
- Positive attitude, ability to thrive in fast paced business
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills
- You will be comfortable working both individually and with a team.