Kindertons Accident Management are looking for a Level 1 IT Technician to join our busy IT Department, based on the outskirts of Crewe.
As a Level 1 IT Technician, the overall purpose of your role will be to provide 1st line contact for all Kindertons employee's via the IT Helpdesk website, telephone and face to face. Role and Responsibilities;
- Conduct, via Helpdesk website, telephone and face to face, support with staff in 1st line situation to resolve any IT related problems that may arise.
- Accurately maintain IT Helpdesk system, responsible for reports on trends, identifying common issues.
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
- Installation and configuration of existing/potential IT hardware
- Maintenance of the companies existing IT assets including but not limited to; desktop pc's, servers, printers and other networked hardware.
- Delegate duties where appropriate to maximize the department efficiency and productivity.
- Accurately maintain Asset Management system, this includes all Kindertons hardware assets, not just IT Departments. Identifying and planning the replacement of obsolete hardware.
- To be constantly striving to improve the Service offered by the department to our internal customers.
Desktop support experience in a Windows environment working to SLA's. Experience or knowledge of operating within an IT ticketing environment
Good operational knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, Windows Server and Exchange packages.
Overall sound judgment and technical knowledge.
Hardware installation.Skills and Attributes;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and motivational skills.
- The ability to build relationships with key people, both internally and where applicable externally of the company.
- The ability to use initiative at all times and make decisions when necessary
- Excellent internal and external customer services.
- Excellent team worker with the ability to be self-motivated and work alone if required
- The ability to always see the bigger picture and to think outside of the box.
30 days holiday, including bank holidays - our holiday period runs from January - December
Immediate interview and Start available.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90621837