MTrec is proudly representing our long-standing client, Draeger Safety, with their incredible new project as they set up and establish a brand-new manufacturing facility located in Follingsby Park, Gateshead. This ground-breaking expansion is due to a new long-term NHS Contract they have been awarded to manufacture specialist masks for their highly prestigious customer.
They are recruiting a brand-new team for the site and will require experienced Quality Coordinators to provide vital quality support in all aspects of the manufacturing process. If you are an experienced and highly motivated Quality Professional with a background in high volume manufacturing and you are truly looking for a career defining opportunity and to really make a difference, then please apply for an initial discussion.
Please note, the start date for the vacancies will be November 2020, so after selection you must be available to start during this month.
Also, MTrec have been awarded this recruitment contract on an exclusive basis. Any direct applications or agency CV's or approaches will be automatically discounted. Please only apply to MTrec via the advert.The Role
To supply the quality support in the Manufacture of Compressed Air Breathing Apparatus components and assemblies, thereby assuring a quality product and service is supplied to our customers. The Quality Coordinator also has to develop expert knowledge of the company's products and systems.
The Person Essential
- All employees have a responsibility to comply with the Integrated Management System (IMS) and minimise any impact on the environment whilst carrying out their duties. (Do not remove)
- To assist in the timely and effective containment and resolution of Quality concerns at suppliers , in-house and customers
- To be pro-active in identifying potential concerns and implementing robust corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence
- Comply with the Health & Safety Policy and observe all the safety rules to ensure your personal safety and the safety of others.
- Assist with driving quality improvements within the plant using PSP / 8D tools and methodology
- Analysis of customer returns, concerns and defects found in the production
- Help drive internal product improvements
- Quality Audits within all manufacturing areas in line with company procedures.
- Analysis and assistance with scrap reduction within the plant
- Perform Capability Studies and Process or other Audits.
- Perform Gage Studies (Gage R&R, Bias, Linearity and Stability)
- Identify and use appropriate statistical tools in use of the statistical applications and technique.
- Management of production quarantine area, logging of non-conforming product and completion of all relevant electronic transactions
- Liaise with design / production engineering for suggested continuous improvements to improve quality output.
- Deal with internal & external customers
- BTEC / HNC / HND in engineering, electronics, quality or a related field.
- Experienced in Quality Management Systems (particularly ISO9001)
- Experience of Quality Techniques, including problem solving skills 8D, 5 WHY and SPC
- PC skills and user knowledge of Microsoft Office, Access, Excel and Word.
- Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing
- Previous experience, typically gained over a period of three years or more, of which the majority must have been in a Quality function
- Good level of technical capability
- Experience of using a variety of measuring devices i.e. Vernier's, CNC, shadow graphs and micrometres
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Recognized ISO9001 internal auditing qualification
- Experience of MRP systems such as SAP (or equivalent)
- An incredible career opportunity to join a world class, world leading organisation and be part of a brand-new site and a brand-new team.
- You will be working in a state-of-the-art manufacturing environment.
- An opportunity to become a product expert and work with an amazing customer.
- You will receive a very competitive basic salary plus shift allowance and additional benefits.
- An opportunity to develop your skills, experience and achieve longer term progression.