Retained by our plastics packaging business partner, we are seeking 2 x Injection Moulding Setters to join their team. Role:
- As an Injection Moulding Setter, you must have several years' experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials.
- As an Injection Moulding Setter, you will be expected to ensure the continuous running of the machine at the optimum cycle time to produce quality products.
- The role of an Injection Moulding Setter is to fulfil all aspects of machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software and setting up the robots to provide the optimum cycle time
- For a proven Injection Moulding Setter this is an excellent opportunity to work secure a stable position within a forward-thinking company
Personal Profile & Experience Requirements:
- Working in accordance with the company's BRC IOP Certification, Health & Safety rules and GMP
- Perform product changeovers, setups and run established tooling to the manufacturing specification, particularly within the company's safety policy, quality and time targets.
- Work to KPI's
- Assist with commissioning the tooling for new products
- Report on tool performance to the Technical Manager
- Maintain records
- Cover Operators role from time to time
- Manage factory waste
- Prepare tooling for next production run
- Complete production forms
- Take an active role in training
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Mould Tool setting experience within injection moulding or Thermoforming
- Engineering Qualification/Time Served or IMT training with BPTA, PTIC, RJG, SDUK or similar
- Computer literate with experience of using MS Excel, MS Word & Power Point
- Possible Experience of Quality management system BRC/ISO
- Experience of HACCP
- Experience of World Class/Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrate continuous improvement initiatives
- Process fault finding and rectification techniques (not electric/electronic)
- Flexible approach to working hours
Key Words: "Injection Moulding", "Setter", "Moulding Technician", "Injection Moulding Setter", "Process Technician", "Process Development Technician", "Setter Supervisor", "Senior Setter", "plastics packaging"
- Experience of PET & PP materials
- FLT Counterbalance License
- Health and Safety qualification
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult -
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
Sierra 57 Consulthas been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.