My client is a leader in the design and manufacture of Automatic Assembly systems and feeding systems. They manufacture an extensive range of bespoke special purpose machinery from handling equipment through to fully automatic product assembly lines. Their range of equipment is used in a wide range of industries including:-
Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Electrical/Electronic, Packaging, Consumer products, Food
Due to continued expansion my client is looking to recruit an experienced Automation software engineer to join their team.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / ACTIVITIES
To be considered for this existing opportunity, the successful candidate will demonstrate comprehensive skills in the design and implementation of PLC software. Mainly utilising Omron NX / NJ processors, as well as the ability to program Mitsubishi, Siemens or Allen Bradley if necessary.
- Design and plan solutions and architectures for each Automation project.
- Adaptation of existing projects for both PLC, HMI and Servo drives.
- Experience with various Bus networks. (Profinet, Profibus) etc.
- Provide panel layouts diagrams, together with full BOM's.
- Design and detail of wiring schematics for each Automation project.
- Provide detailed input to the engineering team, to ensure overall Automation software design meets the requirements for functionality and manufacture.
- Be knowledgeable in system safety circuits for Automation systems.
- HNC or equivalent in electrical/ electronic or proven experience in a systems design and programming environment.
- Experience in the software design and implementation of Automated Assembly systems.
- Experience as a programmer of PLC / HMI systems and associated hardware.
- Experience of machinery safety systems.
- Previous experience working to the European machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Self-motivated with the determination to succeed.
- UK driving Licence and be able to support site visits and machine installations.
Hours 38 hours per week
7.30 - 4.00pm Monday / Thursday
7.30 - 1.30pm Friday
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90321126