Temporary assignment 6 to 8 weeks. The job holder will carry out the day to day engineering stores activities working for a large Chemical Manufacturing company based in Cheshire.
The role requires a thorough knowledge of Stores processes, including safe systems of work and computer-based inventory management.
SAP will not be essential but would be desirable to have.
The Stores has ISO9002 Quality and ISO14001 Environmental accreditation. The job holder will carry out the day to day Stores activities to comply with the accreditation.
The Job Holder will be expected to retain a good customer focus during interaction with operations and engineering staff.
The stores spares profile is the site insurance policy in support of maintenance activities and requires tight stock control whilst optimising the associated impact on working capital.
SHE Most Important Activities
- Operate to the highest standards of safety.
- Support all activities in compliance with the Stores ISO9002 Quality and ISO14001 Environmental accreditation.
- Ensure manual handling and all material movement activities are carried out in a safe manner.
- Carry out regular safety equipment checks on the equipment and vehicles used.
Stores and Inventory Activities. Most Important Activities
- Unload and inspect materials and packaging at goods inward.
- Locate inventory items in the appropriate place.
- Load material onto vehicles in a safe and secure manner for transportation.
- Operate FLT's and high rise picking trucks for material movements.
- Operate the 20 tonne overhead crane in Heavy Bay and sling larger loads.
ERP Systems. Most Important Activities
- Support the stores processes and facilities to meet agreed performance targets for SHE, costs and service levels.
- Operate computer systems at the Stores to maintain full accuracy & audit traceability in all work.
Level of education, Technical Skills & Experience in general ESSENTIAL
- Comply with all processes and systems.
·Excellent knowledge of Stores Operations.
·Experience working in an Engineering Stores environment within the Chemical Industry.
·Good knowledge of SHE implications in a Stores environment
·Good level of self- confidence with peers.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.