Part time care worker needed to provide 2-1 support for a young gentleman with learning and physical difficulties in his own home.
All aspects of care including:
- personal care (washing/dressing/incontinence management, personal hygiene)
- supporting with feeding/drinking, administering medication.
- housework duties (cooking and cleaning)
- Use of manual and ceiling hoists for manual handling
- helping client to maintain an active, fulfilled lifestyle within the family home and out in the community.
You will undertake daily activities with the client, such as shopping, sensory activities, leisure trips out in clients own vehicle and walks with wheelchair access (indoor activities such as cinema, bowling etc currently restricted due to Covid pandemic)
You should have a genuine interest in care; be compassionate, sensible, reliable & professional.
You should be self motivated & be able to use your initiative to make decisions and be able to work closely with another person to provide joint person centred support.
All applicants must have:
- Clean driving licence and own vehicle
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Good interpersonal skills
We aim to provide a friendly, relaxed working environment, as part of a small team to ensure the best possible care for our client. Experience preferred but not essential as training will be given
If you are looking for a rewarding job where you can make a difference to our clients' life, then please apply with your CV and or covering letter to the email address provided
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90616127