We have opportunities for Bank Staff Nurses to join our Bank Team based across our sites, including The London Clinic's main hospital in Central London, W1G (Close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK's largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. The Duchess of Devonshire Wing is our award-winning cancer centre, which includes state-of-the-art radiotherapy, chemotherapy suites and dedicated patient bedrooms
To be responsible for the delivery of the highest standards of care and service to the patients, and to work under direct or indirect supervision of the ward/unit manager and nursing staff.
Working as a Bank Registered General Nurse is a highly flexible option which pays highly competitive hourly rates, for a variety of shift options (Mondays to Sundays.)
- Weekly pay for Bank shifts
- A friendly, supportive working culture with established nursing teams
- Valuable support and coaching from our Managers
- Opportunity of working with our top Consultants with top of the range medical facilities
- Paid training and study days
- Pension contributions from The London Clinic when you contribute
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide assistance with overall ward/unit operations process ensuring overall care and safety to the patient, visitors, and staff
- Support the team to deliver high quality patient centred care
- Acknowledge limitations and seek advice/support when necessary
- Assist staff to complete related duties as directed by and under supervision of a senior nurse or Consultant
- Work as part of the multidisciplinary team
- Support in running the ward/unit.
This job description is intended as a general guide to the post, but it may change in line with the needs of the department or at the request of the line manager.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Meditech experience desirable
- Minimum 12 months recent experience as a registered nurse in a general hospital ward/unit
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations
- Caring for patients with central venous catheters (CVC), patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) and epidurals experience desirable
The successful applicant's offer is subject to relevant DBS, Occupational Health and Reference Checks respectively, alongside standard Right To Work Checks.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90591067