My client is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join their rapidly growing business. The successful candidate will be responsible for 1st, 2nd & 3rd line support and will report directly in to the department lead. They are currently going through significant IT upgrades with cloud based tech at the forefront.
The key responsiblities of the role:
- Line management of 1st line Helpdesk member
- Contribution to the technical roadmap, working with the Head of department and other stakeholders to ensure this is aligned with business needs.
- Act as an escalation point for more challenging issues received by the helpdesk, providing innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Ensure escalated infrastructure and systems helpdesk queries are processed efficiently and in line with business expectations.
- Communicate with 3rd party vendors fo technical resolution and support with implementation.
- Provide ad-hoc Out of hours support to the business on an as and when required basis.
- Manage the documentation of solutions provided to systems and infrastructure issues.
You will have experince in the following:
- Experience of working in a helpdesk environment.
- Experience in a similar support role that included both infrastructure and application elements.
- Understanding of network and infrastructure concepts.
- knowledge of SQL and database concepts would be a bonus.
- Demonstratable knowledge in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Server 2003- 2016
- Microsoft 365 Migration
- Exchange Online and Exchange 2012
- DemonstratablePowerShell skills
- VMware 4.5-6
- HP Networking products
- Unify Networking products
- WatchGuard security appliances
- HP Server, SAN, Desktop & Laptop
- Dell Server, SAN, Desktop & Laptop
- Knowledge in printer repair, thermal, thermal tape, inkjet and Laser
- Epos knowledge
- Experience in managing L1-L3 Networks including MPLS, VPN & ADSL Circuits
In return you will recieve a basic salary up to 33k DOE and the following benefits:
- 25 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Life assurance
- 50% staff discount
- Contributory pension scheme
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90590429