Role - SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER / ENGINEER c£55kPERMANENT ROLE WITHIN SECURE ENVIRONMENTFLEXITIME (CORE HOURS 10.00am - 3.30pm) 37.5 hours per week
- 1 x Senior Software Dev (Node, Python, C++, C#, Ruby)
Our client is a leader in their field. They are a cash rich business that have decided to take the opportunity to invest in their growth. They have a collaborative decision making culture and are looking for software developers that think outside the box and initiate ideas to improve client satisfaction (internal and external). They work in a modern forward thinking environment which allows flexitime and the opportunity to work from home when the occasion requires to support work life balance. If you are interested in joining the team then please read on ......
As a core member of the team, you will be working with an experienced team to deliver robust, maintainable software that will need to service peak time loads as well as deliver an unparalleled experience to their clients. Some of the work will involve dissecting legacy systems and bringing them up to a modern micro-service based architecture that is extensible and flexible for expansion. You will be expected to have a good understanding of engineering practices and have knowledge of how to deliver well tested production-ready code.Key Skills and Responsibilities
In the first instance, please upload your CV.
- Proficient programmer in a compiled and an interpreted language.
- An understanding of SOLID principles
- Some exposure working with TDD development method.
- Experience with containerisation and virtual machines.
- Some experience with unit and integration testing.
- Keen to work in an agile environment, and has an appreciation for the core tenements of agile.
- Exposure to database technologies such as NoSQL, MongoDB is a plus
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- A keen learner who wants to advance their skills
- Familiarity with BDD design methods.
- An understanding of micro-services, stateless & server-less architecture.
- Basic grasp of source control and integration
- Had exposure technologies such as Docker, K8s, Redis, RabbitMQ, and PostgreSQL would be an advantage
- Familiar with cloud development
- Keen to contribute ideas, willing to express themselves.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90589576