An exciting vacancy has arisen for an experienced Accounts Manager!
With a reputation for reliability and consistently outstanding service, our client is a high profile, leading property construction business.
Based in central Derby, they create both residential and commercial builds across not just the UK but abroad too.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a highly regarded family business, who have now been established for 30 years.
There is an immediate start available for the right candidate, initially on a contract basis, with a permanent role available after a successful trial period.
In general, the role encompasses the day to day management of the Accounts and Business Administration Process.
Based in their Head Office, standard working hours are Monday-Friday 9.00-17.30 (1/2 hour lunch).
Provide support to senior management through the provision of cash flow and accounting information.
Oversee purchase ledger and related processes.
Deal with banking, factoring, credit control and effective supplier payments such the company's credit rating is optimised.
Deal with all tax and government compliance issues and returns.
Process weekly and monthly wages, including sub-contractors. Oversee HR and related issues, including pension administration.
Manage business insurance process.
Act as PA to Managing Director.
Main Duties (with % of total time, adding to 100%)
1. Day to day management of Accounts and Business Administration, supervising the Business Administration Apprentice, maintaining adequate processes to ensure the effective implementation of accounting and business administration policies, making improvements and updating policies and processes as required, particularly if this will result in cost savings for the Company.
2. Produce financial data, management accounts, budgets, forecasts, reconciliations and reports to support operational staff, senior management and the external accountants.
3. Manage and maintain the Sage system, identifying improvements and development as required.
4. Manage the Purchase Order and Accounts Payable process.
5. Oversee the Banking process.
6. Ensure that Business Insurance policies are maintained.
7. Maintain and monitor the monthly cash flow forecast.
8. Manage the Credit Control process.
9. Manage VAT, CIS, PAYE and other tax related processes.
10. Manage the processing and payment of all monthly and weekly payrolls. Deal with staff queries as required.
11. Manage internal HR and Training processes ensuring that reports, policies and records are maintained in accordance with internal processes and GDPR. Deal with HR issues. Manage and deal with all pension related issues and returns.
12. Manage the Company vehicle fleet.
13. Maintain the property portfolio and reports as required.
14. Act as PA to the Managing Director, taking and distributing minutes at meetings, organising events and maintaining the MD's diary as required.
15. Ad hoc tasks as required.
*Account and Business Administration are effective and add value to the Company. Policies and processes are always effective and up to date. The Business Administration Apprentice is adequately supervised and developed so that they are capable, confident and effective in their duties and can cover for the Accounts Manager during period of holidays and sickness.
*Financial data and reports are produced in the agreed format, to agreed timescales and contain accurate data, such that staff and managers can make effective decisions with regards to the running of the business.
*Sage is maintained and developed so that it adds maximum value to the areas points 1) and 2), above.
*Supplier records are properly set-up and controlled such that flow of goods and materials are properly monitored and arrive on time. Disputes over invoices values are resolved quickly and efficiently. Cleared invoices are paid to terms and for the correct amount and the Company's credit rating is maximised.
*Bank transactions are carried accurately and in a timely manner, controls over payment authorisation are maintained so that cash balances are protected and maximised. This includes regular bank reconciliations, checking of bank statements and following up of discrepancies.
*Business Insurance policies are maintained at an adequate level to deal with the risks and legal commitments of the Company. Negotiate premiums to ensue that costs are kept as low as possible without compromising the level of cover.
*Maintain, update and monitor the monthly cash flow process to ensure that cash balances are maximised, adequate funds are available to pay staff wages, pay suppliers to terms, reduce the reliance on factoring, improve credit ratings and invest in strategic projects to help grow the business.
*Manage the credit control process. Invoices and applications are issued on time. Systems and policies are maintained so that customers remain within their agreed credit limits and pay on time. Where they do not do so, robust actions are taken to recover overdue debt. This might include suspending/reducing credit terms, issuing notice of legal action and recovering delinquent debts through the court process as a last resort.
*All VAT, CIS, PAYE and other taxes are calculated correctly, reported and paid to legal deadlines.
*All payrolls are calculated correctly and paid on time. Staff queries are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
*HR processes and policies are maintained to comply with legal requirements. Staff issues are dealt with effectively and efficiently so that the Company does not risk losses through legal action. Staff are informed and content with regards to their contractual relationship with and obligations to the company.
*Company's vehicle fleet is maintained and serviced and costs are monitored to ensure that these are kept under control and reduced where opportunities are identified.
*Rents and costs of the Company's property portfolio are monitored and reported to the Managing Director. Any actions are implemented quickly so that returns from the portfolio are maximised.
*The Managing Director is supported in meetings and that his diary with regards to company meeting and events is up to date.
*Ad hoc tasks are carried out to agreed deadlines.
1. Managing QS - Report on financial performance, cashflow, supplier payment performance, customer payments and ad hoc projects as required.
2. Business Administration Apprentice - delegate, supervise and review day to day activities and performance. Implement training development and support as required
3. Buyer - Set up Supplier accounts and support raising of purchase orders as required. Liaise on invoice disputes and payment of supplier accounts.
4. Contracts Manager - Development - Deal with PO and supplier payment issues. Produce contact and financial information as required. Vehicle Fleet issues.
5. Contracts Manager - Brickwork - Deal with wages and supplier payment issues. Produce contact and financial information as required. Vehicle Fleet issues.
6. Managing Director - Report on financial performance, credit rating, cashflow and ad hoc projects as required. Property portfolio reporting. Meeting minutes and diary/events management.
7. Deal with ad hoc requests as required.
8. QS - HR/payroll issues. Collect wages data. Supply Sage construct cost data. Supplier payment/account on stop issues. Contact cost review reports and follow up on queries.
9. Site Staff - Deal with basic travel/wages queries.
10. Suppliers - Place purchase orders. Deal with late payment and invoice disputes/queries and issues.
11. External Accountants and Auditors - WIP, VAT audits, monthly and year-end accounts. First point of contact for dealing with queries from them.
12. HMRC - First point of contact for VAT/PAYE/CIS and other queries.
*Sage Line 50/Sage Construct - Proficient in all aspects of usage, maintenance and development of the system and its use within the Company.
*Business Administration, policies and procedures.
*Staff supervision and development.
*Excel - Creation of spread sheets Data input, formulas and formatting.
*Experience of Management accounts and cash reporting.
*Credit Control - Manage
*Payroll/PAYE - Manage
*CIS - Manage (ideal, not essential)
*VAT - Manage
*HR Management, policies and procedures.
*Knowledge of Construction Industry.
*English and Maths GCSE.
If you're interested in this vacancy, please send your CV ASAP as an immediate start is available for the right candidate. Please also familiarise yourself with the privacy notice on the Sky Recruitment Solutions website relating to GDPR