Accounting Technician / Assistant Accountant
Location: Ballymena, County Antrim, BT43 5AJ
Salary: £18K - £21k, DOE (Higher end of scale for exceptional candidates)
Contract: Full time, permanent
Hours: Monday - Friday: 9am - 5.00pm
Accounting Technician - About the Role:
To maintain accurate financial records and help prepare and analyse financial information to assist the Practice Manager.
The post holder will be required to work flexibly, in a rapidly developing office environment. It will be necessary to assist other staff from time to time.
Accounting Technician - Key responsibilities will include:
• Answer all telephone calls and reception enquiries in a timely, courteous and efficient manner and accurately log information on all calls received
• Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquirers and staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
• Make and record accurately client appointments.
• Maintain a database of prospect interviews.
• Prepare letters of engagement, ensure same are returned and signed. Collect other outstanding set up information from new clients - Enusre Money laundering regulations are complied with.
• Obtain inland Revenue Agent Authorisation
• Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications eg Money laundering info.
• Set up and maintain filing systems as and when required as works progress
• Arrange meetings, book and provide/arrange hospitality
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
• Other routine clerical tasks as assigned
• Keep daily work diary to enable charge out of work.
• Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
• Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
• Maintain a clean and tidy work environment.
• Processing and paying invoices for the practice
• Recording receipts and payments for the practice
• Identifying unpaid invoices, reminding customers and highlighting problem accounts to Ian Aiken
• Preparing and checking bookkeeping transactions for clients as required. Checking bank accounts and preparing bank reconciliation statements as required. Completing clients books to trail balance level if required.
• Completing and submitting tax returns following review with practice manager. Ensure all completed tax returns are submitted promptly,
• Processing monthly payrolls for clients.
• Processing VAT Returns
• Preparing limited company accounts and ensuring they are reviewed by practice manager.
• Maintain checklist to ensure all steps are finally completed when submitting Ltd company accounts and corporation tax returns.
• Plus, other duties consistent with the grade as directed.
Accounting Technician - What we need from you
The Ideal candidate will:
• Have completed their accounting technician's qualification
• Have a variety of practice experience working with individuals and small businesses.
• Be ACCA qualified or part qualified, an advantage
• Be capable of working on your own initiative, as there may be times when you will be the sole representative in the office.
• Have achieved a basic concept of accountancy, particularly in respect of sole trader and small businesses.
• Have strong communication skills and be professional at all times with clients and colleagues
• Have strong attention to detail and ability to process information accurately
• Will be able to work to deadlines
Support for further training as appropriate will be available and the successful applicant will be encouraged to take advantage of the many training opportunities offered by the TaxAssist Training Academy.
A company pension scheme is available after successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then click "Apply" and submit your CV and a cover letter!
No agencies please