£26,000 - £32,000 p/a | 22.5 Hours - Flexible Shifts | Great Benefits & L&D Opportunities
An experienced RGN/Adult Nurse with a background in Ophthalmology is required to join the Ophthalmology Ward of a leading Kent hospital.
Details of this Ophthalmology Nurse/RGN position are as follows:
* 22.5 hours per week on a flexible rota, usually working day shifts
* Depending on experience a competitive annual salary from £26,000 to £32,000, which is equivalent to NHS Band 5 and Band 6 rates of pay and an hourly rate of up to £16.40
* A generous annual leave allowance which increases with service length
* A contributory pension scheme and life assurance
* Private healthcare cover and in-house support with occupational health
* Extensive training and development opportunities plus the opportunity to gain funding travel internationally to further your knowledge and skills in a healthcare setting
* Subsidised food and drink
* Free on-site parking plus cycle to work schemes and a minibus pick up/drop off service from various local locations and stations
* On-site childcare facilities at a discounted rate
As RGN Ophthalmology Nurse, you will participate in a variety of surgical procedures and will act as Scrub and/or Recovery Nurse for Ophthalmic Theatre procedures in addition to ensuring an efficient, safe and high-quality clinical service always. You will be responsible for managing and administering drugs, supervising and supporting junior colleagues and ensuring clinical records are maintained.
Applicants for this Ophthalmology Nurse/RGN vacancy should meet the following criteria:
* Adult Nurse/RGN with unrestricted NMC registration
* Demonstrate proven post-registration experience in an ophthalmic surgical setting
* Have completed post-registration studies and training including ALRT/ILS and a recognised mentorship qualification (or willing to undertake this)
* Strong communication, interpersonal and IT skills
For further details, or to apply now, please follow the link provided.
Alternatively, please call Lee Hutchinson at SYK Recruitment now on (phone number removed).
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation