ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith Newburgh, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea.
Due to continued expansion we are current looking to recruit a Test and Acceptance Manager to manage all aspects of T&A for allocated projects at a systems level from Bid stage through to final Acceptance. The T&A manager holds the responsibility to provide test evidence to achieve sign-off against requirements for the allocated project.
Scope of the role:
* Manage and Lead the Test & Acceptance of projects on behalf of T&A and Engineering including formal acceptance events.
* Provide T&A support to bids, including requirements management, compliance EMC & CE, verification and validation planning, acceptance planning, effort analysis, costing and support to standards.
* Create and develop test documentation to include: test plans and procedures for verification of design testing including Validation & Verification strategy.
* Prepare and agree test specifications, budgets and timescales with clients and test houses.
* Support test activities and implement test solutions providing testing expertise where appropriate.
* Manage and perform testing of products, equipment and systems.
* Analysis and evaluation of test evidence and interpretation of test data.
* Writing of reports and test documentation along with supporting the writing of test documentation.
* Ensure all test activities that are performed conform to external/internal requirements and necessary standards including Safety standards.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
* Degree or HND/HNC qualified in an Engineering discipline.
* Must have experience in an Engineering discipline & preferably have experience in managing/leading Test & Acceptance or Systems Engineering projects.
* Knowledge and understanding of System Engineering, specifically INCOSE (International Council of Systems Engineers) methods.
* Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) or Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) or working to achieve membership is desirable.
* Preferably have an understanding of military systems in particular maritime or Defence systems, other systems knowledge will be considered providing there is a thorough understanding of T&A
* Understanding of Electro-Mechanical testing and EMC/CE compliance.
* Good communication and people interaction skills, including presentation and group discussions. Must be capable of writing test plan, test procedures and technical reports and have experience of writing independently and extracting information from technical experts.
* Experience with Standards (particularly Military biased Def Stan, Mil-Spec etc.) preferable.
* Experience in requirements management from a Test & Acceptance perspective with knowledge of DOORS or DOORS NG being advantageous.
* The ability to organise and prioritise numerous ongoing tasks.
* The ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
* The ability to identify and task a broad spectrum of suitably qualified experts.
* Personally very organised and self-motivated; must be able to work with minimal supervision
* The ability to extract key facts from large amounts of information
* Effective communication skills across multi-discipline projects
* Flexible and adaptive. Confident, articulate and robust - must be able to withstand criticism
* Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment.
* The ability to work effectively within a growing, changing workplace.
* Promote a "can do" attitude.
* Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects.
* Full driving license
* SC Cleared or willing to be externally vetted for SC or DV clearance
* Willing and able to perform submarine trials and perform off site testing at Test Houses