A specialist provider in tactical communications and network systems for the defence industry is seeking a highly skilled Project Manager to join their growing team to successfully deliver projects in accordance with customer requirements. The Project Manager will need to have proven success in MoD project delivery, have Prince 2 (or equivalent), have excellent soft skills and more importantly be knowledgably in UK defence procurement processes. It will be essential that the Project Manager will either have DV clearance or be able to be cleared at this level.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
• Ensure compliance against defence standards, conditions and performance against set project metrics and KPIs.
• Maintain projects plans (internal and external), oversee risk and implement mitigations, as necessary.
• Deliver our projects to (or ahead of) contracted schedule.
• Optimise the cash position of projects by minimising working capital throughout the lifecycle.
• Ensure project requirements and information are managed appropriately including application of configuration Management and Change Control policies.
• Maintain excellent working relationships with customers and DE&S DTs.
• Manage the resource requirements for projects including sub-contractors
• Maintain the integrity and security of all project data on corporate systems
• Ensure that customer equipment and information is appropriately managed
• Ensure lessons learned are captured and recorded
• Ensure all Follow-on-Sales (FOS) opportunities are identified, understood and managed appropriately
• Manage and produce bids and proposals
• Deliver accurate, timely, open and honest reporting and realistic forecasting of project progress (time, cost & quality) to internal stakeholders
• Degree level educated or equivalent in relevant experience
• PRINCE2 practitioner and/or APMP
• Proven work experience in Project Management
• Experience of using MoD/Industry procurement systems including DEFCARS, Exostar, Joscar
• Proven track record of successful MoD project delivery
• Able to exercise good commercial judgement
• Good negotiation skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of other functional disciplines related to project delivery (e.g. finance)
• An understanding of budgeting and resource allocation
• Must hold current DV clearance or be able to be cleared to this level
• An understanding of the wider Defence and Security context (desirable)
£40,000 - £60,000
• 10% Pension contribution
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Gym Membership
• Mixed office and home working