Finance Manager (Maternity Cover)
Reporting to: Finance Director
Salary: up to £50,000
We are the Citation Group. We offer colleagues and clients an opportunity they will not gain at many other businesses. We are interested in growth, investment and service excellence, we have never and will never grow our business by cost cutting or tying people up in bureaucracy. We don't do politics - we want people focused upon actions and delivery. We don't do micro-management - we empower, support and innovate. We are leaders, not empire builders and we love our business.
The Compliance division of Citation is the largest, most profitable, and best-established part of the group, often referred to as Citation core. The role is a temporary maternity leave role for a Finance Manager position in the Citation business entity.
We are looking for an ambitious, dynamic, hard-working, finance professional to join the team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to develop and grow in an exciting, ambitious business environment. This is a broad finance role providing significant development opportunities in a fast paced 'hand on' team.
Reporting into the company FD, your responsibilities will include the production and management of accounts for the Citation business entity, including month and year end close; monthly Board reporting for the wider Group; overseeing the company's accounting processes; and supporting the annual audit process. Across all these areas there are significant opportunities to develop, improve and add value to the business and the candidate must have a passion to drive change and make a difference.
* Developing and driving efficiencies in the month end process for Citation and the consolidation Group results
* Preparation of monthly management accounts including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow
* Ensure all income, expenditure and capex is correctly accounted for, monitored and any variances to budget and prior year are analysed and understood
* Ensure financial reports are accurate and delivered to deadline
* Consolidation of monthly results from other Group entities into a consolidated P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow
* Presentation of monthly results of Citation business to CFO including completing accurate and insightful commentary for inclusion in Board and Investor reports
* Production of monthly Board packs for internal management, PE investors and banks
* Prepare VAT returns for review and sign-off
* Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet and control accounts
Financial Planning & Analysis
* Involvement in the preparation of forecasts for the Citation business
* Regular tracking of performance versus budget and prior year, including monthly meetings with budget owners from around the business to track performance / spend against budget
* Challenging budget holders regarding spend and proactively identifying opportunities and risks associated with the cost base
* Production of short term cashflow forecasts
* Support with tracking of business and financial KPIs
Audit & Statutory Accounts
* Support the Group Financial Controller with the annual audit process, including the preparation of end of year accounts files and audit schedules, providing any requested information in a timely manner and having the knowledge to be the go-to person for questions about the Citation business and its accounts
* Support with the production of statutory accounts, both for the Citation business as well as other companies in the Group (holding / trading / dormant)
Financial Processes and Systems
* Leveraging the functionality of the new finance system (Financial Force) - including automation of standard reporting and processes
* Develop reporting in new system to support business analysis and internal control
* Identify process improvements from both an efficiency and internal control perspective and take ownership for development and implementation of solutions
* Line management of at least two Accounts Assistants
* Oversee daily processes of purchase ledger, bank reconciliations, credit cards, fixed assets and other finance admin duties
* Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
* Solutions focused and continuous improvement mindset
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to engage non-Finance colleagues
* Advanced excel and data manipulation is essential
* Finance system experience is required
* Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment
* Some experience of working in or with PE backed businesses is preferable, but not essential
Please click 'Apply' to continue your application