The Able Group is one of Teesside's larger and better-known companies.
We are a diverse group and a market leader in both marine decommissioning and in providing installation facilities for the burgeoning offshore wind sector. We have a substantial asset base and manage an extensive portfolio of land and property which comprises a mix of industrial, commercial and agricultural land.
We're currently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join us on a full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- 21 days' holiday (rising to 25 with service) plus statutory days
- Finish early on Fridays
If you are a proactive accounts professional seeking your next challenge, this is an exciting opportunity to develop a rewarding, long-term career with a market leader.
You will have the chance to contribute to the success of an entrepreneurial, well-resourced and decisive business that values their people and recognises hard work.
As an Assistant Accountant, you'll perform a range of clerical and accounting tasks to ensure the smooth running of the Accounts Department.
Working with the Group Accountant, Finance Director and Senior Management Team, you will:
- Prepare a range of financial documentation
- Help to produce the monthly management accounts pack for reporting purposes
- Carry out variance analysis against budgets for financial accounts and contract costing
- Help to prepare budgets and costing analysis
- Assist with the weekly payroll
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and bank reconciliations
To join us as an Assistant Accountant, you'll need:
- Previous experience in an accounts role
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Excel and Word
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- An organised, methodical and logical approach
- Good decision-making skills
Experience in any of our areas of activity would be beneficial to your application. It would also be an advantage if you hold, or are studying towards, a professional accounting qualification, such as AAT.
Other organisations may call this role Junior Accountant, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Senior Accounts Administrator, Senior Finance Administrator, or Accounts Technician.
This is a full-time role, working 8am - 5pm, Monday - Thursday and 8am - 4pm on Fridays.
Webrecruit, the Able Group and ABLE UK are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as an Assistant Accountant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency