An established Lloyd's broker based Southend is currently looking to recruit an IBA Accounts Handler to join their successful team. This is a well respected Lloyd's insurance broker and accounts experience (IBA) within insurance is essential
Suitable candidates for the position will already have gained some experience working in an administrative/accounts support role (within Insurance) and will be looking for a new challenge within a small and respected Lloyd's broker. The candidate should have full knowledge of how a Lloyd's broker operates. Prior experience working for a Lloyd's broker is needed. This is an Insurance based accounts role
You will need to be able to cope with a busy work environment dealing with varied tasks throughout the day.
Reporting directly to the Accounts Manager & Accounts Supervisor you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Cash Matching & Allocation
• Preparing statements for Underwriters, Clients & Third Party accounts
• Chasing outstanding premium & requesting breakdowns for un-reconciled receipts and allocating to entries once received
• Completion of IBA Payment run on a weekly basis
• Assisting the busy IBA Accounts department on a daily basis
• Filing of all relevant documentation such as bank statements, remittance advices & correspondence
• Assisting with all IBA credit control runs
• Completing bank runs to bank cheques
• Reviewing and Amending IBA bank payee templates as requested
• Maintaining the correct exchange rates on Brokasure on a weekly basis
• Sending weekly remittance advices for the IBA Payment run
• Communicating when needed with clients and underwriters in a professional manner
• Assisting other team members during busy periods
• Assisting the Compliance Officer with enquiries relating to your role
• Full knowledge of A&S monitoring
• General office duties such as answering the telephone, scanning & filing
The ideal candidate will need to have strong numerical and literacy skills. Good communicational and organisational skills are also essential.
Other desirable skills are:
• Some AAT qualifications highly preferable
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel and Outlook) or similar software applications.
• Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
• Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates.
Apply today or contact Kim Baker, ENS Commercial Recruitment, Westcliff for further information