Service Desk Analyst / 1st Line Support Executive - Nottingham, NG1
A Service Desk Analyst / 1st Line Support Executive is needed to join a leading software solutions provider in Nottingham. Joining on a fixed term 2-year contract expect to deliver outstanding support (telephone, written and face-to-face) to an impressive client list.
With offices in the UK, Europe, Canada, United States, New Zealand and Australia, our client delivers powerful software solutions to public libraries, archives, museums, galleries and academic institutions. They are now seeking a Service Desk Analyst / 1st Line Support Executive who has excellent communication skills to join their growing team.
Working as the first point of contact for customers, the Service Desk Analyst / 1st Line Support Executive will be responsible for providing support and guidance on incoming support tickets. On a day-to-day basis expect to analyse incoming software calls to identify faults, service requests and requests for enhancement, identify opportunities to improve service, perform remote upgrades/installs, provide clear, concise documentation on solutions, and anything else necessary, to provide excellent customer service and advice to clients.
To qualify... You should be a Service Desk Analyst / 1st Line Support Executive / Graduate IT Help-desk Engineer / Service Desk Engineer / IT Technician / Technical Support Engineer or similar who can demonstrate:
- Strong verbal communication skills: You are able to gather all information necessary to understand the customer’s issue;
- Empathy: You are able to calmly and rationally talk to customers who may be in a stressful situation and empathise with the level of difficulty they are experiencing;
- Strong written communication skills: You are able to clearly document customer requests, providing all necessary information. You can write clear and unambiguous emails to customers that provide them with all relevant information;
- You are highly customer focused;
- You are enthusiastic and determined;
- A positive “can do” attitude showing resourcefulness;
- A technical aptitude, particularly regarding computer software.
Previous experience in a service / help-desk / system administration role would be a bonus, as would any experience in a customer facing role and a degree in a related subject.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst / 1st Line Support Executive to gain experience within a leading software company. In return, expect a competitive salary, a whole bunch of extra benefits as well as a great working environment and tailored career development.