Sewell Wallis are currently recruiting for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a well known, established business based on the outskirts of Bradford. The role is initially offered as a temporary position, however for the right candidate there could be the chance to secure a permanent role long term wise. You will join a developed, knowledgeable yet small Finance team and as such will gain start to finish experience of the Accounts Payable process. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills within a supportive business that is looking to continue to grow.
The successful candidate will have full responsibility for the Purchase Ledger process, this includes;
* Processing in excess of 1000 purchase invoices and credit notes per month.
* Matching and coding purchase invoices.
* Prioritising supplier payments and making sure the ledger is updated for payment.
* Dealing with supplier queries and first point of contact over the telephone.
* Performing supplier statement reconciliations.
* Maintaining relationships with both colleagues and clients.
* Other ad-hoc tasks such as month end reporting and assisting within other areas of finance as and when required.
* Be able to start immediately or within a weeks notice.
Have previous experience of working within a Finance team with Accounts Payable.
* Be able to prioritise your workload and work to strict deadlines.
* Be confident with the full purchase ledger process.
* Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience of working within a small Finance team is preferable but not essential.
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions (url removed)