A great opportunity for an experienced manager to work somewhere that is fun and offers real opportunities to make a difference to people's lives!
On a daily basis Affinity Trust empower hundreds of people to meet their aspirations and goals in life, and to live as independently as they wish. We are looking for an experienced Support Manager (Service Managers or Care Managers) to oversee a location in Lowestoft, Suffolk
You will be responsible for directly line managing a team leader and a team of support workers, by providing regular supervisions, appraisals and inductions, you will also be required to complete quality and compliance within the services. This will include regular finance audits, updating the people supported plans, risk assessments and completing person centred plans. The ability to plan and prioritise your workload is essential.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced manager (or held a previous managerial or supervisory role) within the social care sector. Highly organised and self-driven you will be able to work flexibly and hold a full UK driving licence as you may need to provide on-call support and assistance when required.
Skills and Experience
Successful candidates will also be required to demonstrate, through practice, how they will ensure that Affinity Trusts' values are upheld and how the staff teams are providing consistent and excellent support in line with these and how your values and practices can influence staff to be the best, by providing the best support to the people in the services.
Underpinning all of the above will be your knowledge of the sector and your values. You'll have completed, or be willing to work towards a Health and Social Care Diploma, Level 5 qualification.
Above all else you'll be patient, positive and have a good sense of humour!
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people's lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
* 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
* Access to our online discount portal, which we call affinity4you, that offers discounts off shopping, holidays, cinemas, days out and gym membership
* Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)
* Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life's issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
* Occupational Health support
* Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
* Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
* Refer a friend scheme
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be provided by Affinity Trust. We are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief