Product Specialist- - Lasers/Optics
* Represent the voice of the customer within a high-tech, optical R&D environment working across Sales, Engineering, Finance and Marketing teams
* Full end to end product ownership; NPD documentation, RFQ's, competitor & product benchmarking, pricing, technical input with customers and creating technical marketing content.
* Opportunities to travel, work from home as well as flexible hours with great benefits and career progression to Product Manager in time
The Role: Product Specialist:
* A new position is available for a Product specialist or Application Engineer to join a successful R&D engineering and manufacturing company near Southampton, UK. The company designs and manufactures high value fibreoptic lasers and optical components for science and research applications.
* The Product Specialist is required to investigate and develop new potential market areas including market and competitor analysis, customer insight, requirements gathering and the development of new products with customers and engineering teams.
* Activities will include development and delivery of new product business cases, product requirements mapping, representing the company at trade shows and new product development programmes from concept design to product launch.
* Liaise with and manage customer needs and requests surrounding new products or features and build relationships with partners and end-users
* Provide relevant technical product information to sales and marketing teams to develop the market messaging, collateral materials, strategies and tools - Ensure technical appropriateness of the material to the respective product
You will need: Product Specialist
* Strong technical background in either photonics, fibre optics, lasers, semiconductors, metrology, biomedical applications - Confocal Microscopy & Flow Cell Cytometry etc
* Excellent academic qualifications with either a PhD, MSc or BSc in biophysics, biology, biochemistry or similar applied science qualification
* Excellent spoken and written communication skills to liaise with customers, internal teams, raise action points and market opportunities to senior management and peers
* Experience gained as a Product specialist, manager, technical product manager within an R&D product development environment
* A passion and motivation to continuously improve products, processes, systems and work practices
* Ability to work autonomously and manage own projects and timescales within a dynamic, matrix company environment
The company offers excellent benefits including childcare vouchers, flexible working, bonus and a fun team culture and is commutable from Southampton, Winchester, Portsmouth, Eastleigh etc